PPG Protective & Marine Coatings, is widely recognized as a world leader in protective and marine coatings, developing innovative, cutting-edge products and services that are fit-for-purpose and designed to deliver value for money and protect customers’ assets in some of the world’s most demanding conditions and environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Who Are We Looking For
- PPG Coatings Europe is looking for a Finance Manager for Nigeria. As head of the finance department, your main responsibilities are the day-to-day financial management of the company and its administrative processes, to advise the General Manager and to share and present the financials to PMC EMEA management, using the applicable standards. You are accountable for the subsidiary’s internal controls and overall compliance, as well as responsible for its financial performance.
- You will report into the Finance Director of the business unit PMC EMEA. You will work in close connection to the PMC EMEA Finance Director and General Manager of the Subsidiary. The position will be located in Nigeria. We are looking for a well-rounded finance professional with managerial experience. Due to the nature and risk profile of the business in Nigeria, it is recommended for this to be an expat position.
- Do you have a can-do mentality; do you persist, even when times are difficult? Are you driven, eager to learn and solution-oriented? Besides these qualities your personality, motivation and talents will help to grow further within PPG. We will help you with that journey.
Your primary accountabilities will be:
- Implementing and ensuring strong financial controls and compliance: ensuring the level of authorities (LOA) is adhered to and regular review and update of the ICSP
- Direct management responsibility over the finance team
- Closely manage inventory and other working capital items
- Manage Treasury / FX environment for the business by limiting the balance sheet exposure
- Main contact for the external and internal auditors, the banks and administrative offices, as well as being the main contact for the PMC regional head office
- Legal filing of annual accounts, tax returns and social security declarations
- Credit control and cash collections in line with the PMC EMEA credit policy
You should have:
- Master’s degree level or equivalent in Finance, Business Economics of Business Administration.
- Minimum three years of financial management experience.
- Sense of organization and ability to set priorities.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Knowledge of Africa – ideally of Nigeria.
- Confirmed experience in management and operations control.
- Strong presentation and reporting skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
Our Offer to You
- Besides working in a global organisation with plenty of career opportunities, we offer a competitive salary, and a package depending on your profile and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply