IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Asset Audit and Tagging)
- The Project Manager will manage and coordinate the asset tagging project. Running the day to day processes relating to the project, Vendor and consulting firm management, coordinating project activities, progress reporting, escalations, milestone sign-offs etc.
- The project will involve overseeing the audit of the company asset base (physically verifying assets and tagging them to ensure that the asset register shows a true and fair position of IHS asset base, that the tenancy details are aligned with the basis for billing and to enable planning based on accurate data of available capacity on towers company-wide).
- Manage and Coordinate the asset tagging project (auditing the over 16000 sites) and acting as an interface between IHS and the firm running the project
- Manage the vendor and firm responsible for tagging all assets on sites as per unified list from Finance and Technology departments
- Manage the vendor and firm responsible for identifying or/ and tagging all customer equipment and quantifying space on towers and on ground
- Analyze root causes of control inefficiencies and recommend corrective actions in assets and inventory management
- Develop risk models to access and mitigate potential control risks in the asset tagging project as well as inventory/ asset management going forward
- Develop process improvements to improve effectiveness and quality of deliverables from the vendor company
- Develop positive working relationships with management and project team internally and externally
- Supervise daily activities of project team to ensure on-time delivery.
- Oversee project auditing for operational, financial and compliance areas in terms of power consumption on all sites
- Continuously evaluate business processes and internal controls to identify gaps and risks as relates to tagging of all assets in the company
- Educate project team about project tools, techniques, and procedures.
- Review project audit findings and prepare formal project reports with recommendations to Executive Management
- Strategic in approach: understands and addresses inter-dependencies and real issues
- Clear definition of requirements (tested by real customer requirements) and timetables
- Proven previous experience managing to deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget/meeting business needs
- Proven ability to manage troubled teams/projects and bring them to success
- Proven experience with projects of similar size and scope in the telecommunications industry
- Organized and efficient in work processes
- Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands. Passion for client satisfaction.
- Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology.
- Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk. Designs solutions for varied internal/external clients.
- Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices in Asset management, tagging and inventory control
- Strong execution and technical skills
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least five years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
- Strong understanding of telecommunications active and passive equipment
- Good appreciation if information technology applications architecture
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject bar the name of the role