Women for Women International – Nigeria – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager oversees the successful implementation of WfWI – Nigeria country office’s monitoring and evaluation activities through implementation of established M&E strategies and guidelines.
- The M&E Manager will work in coordination with the Social Empowerment Manager, Economic Empowerment Manager and other relevant positions to ensure quality data collection, analysis and reporting to HQ.
- The M&E Manager reports to the Country Director and is a member of the WfWI – Nigeria Senior Management Team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Program Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop field level framework and schedule of implementation for all components of the M&E system, in accordance with WfWI strategies and guidelines.
- Coordinate closely with relevant program managers to facilitate the staff use of, and training in, all M&E forms.
- Promote a culture of “Lessons Learned” and best practices of M&E activities, ensuring that data and processes are discussed in appropriate forums and in timely fashion for effective use in field activities.
- Oversee data collection, training of staff and contractors in M&E activities and tracking of program participants and graduates.
- Coordinate special evaluations, impact studies, and community assessments as needed.
- Carry out regular field monitoring visits to oversee program activities and identify areas where adjustments are needed for better M&E reporting.
- Compile reports on key M&E activities to fulfill data/information requests from the country office and the Global Programs Unit in HQ, and maintain accurate records of communication.
- Manage and provide guidance to the M&E team and other country office staff in the implementation of all monitoring and evaluation activities, programs and strategy.
- Coordinate with Social Empowerment Manager, Economic Empowerment Manager and Finance and Logistics Manager to ensure that M&E data is integrated into all country planning, programming, and reporting.
- Work in collaboration with the Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Research in the Washington DC (USA) headquarters to ensure that M&E activities in Nigeria are aligned with WfWI’s global strategic plan.
- Prepare weekly work plans and monthly reports for submission to the Country Director.
- Participate in country office strategy development and fundraising activities
- Prepare operational planning, representing the Monitoring and Evaluation Department, keeping team members informed of all changes in program strategy, policy, guidelines and expectations.
- Conducts performance management and direct reports in line with Women for Women International’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meetings to review progress throughout the year.
- Conduct weekly M&E departmental meetings and oversee time and attendance and work planning and scheduling of all staff in the M&E department.
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan for the M&E department staff according to need; provide on-the-job training, coaching and support as required.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective use of the country office M&E budget.
- Ensure that expenses are reviewed and approved according to budget and need.
- Review monthly “budget vs. actual” reports to track actual expenditures against projected budget and address changes needed.
- Provide required documentation to Finance department as needed.
- Participate in new budget development and annual operational budget planning for the M&E department.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related discipline. [Note: significant number of years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Masters dégrée but a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.]
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a relevant field (M&E/ field research/ statistics/ cooperative management/ development/ poverty reduction programs and related fields), preferably within the INGO sector, of which at least 3 years at managerial level.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to present complex data and analysis in a clear way; excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a part of a team and to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and participants.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria and internationally as required.
- Proven experience of using participatory tools and methodologies for program identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Understanding and experience of gender issues and commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all areas of responsibility.
- High level of fluency in English (speaking, reading, writing) and fluency in Hausa language
- Excellent computer skills including working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email applications. Database/data entry and analysis experience is required.
- Experience using statistical software preferred.
- Experience with electronic data collection preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references to: email@example.com Please put “Monitoring and Evaluation Manager” in the Subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.
Application Deadline: 11th August, 2017.