Federal College of Education, Kastina State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: College Librarian (Consolidated Salary)
- Implementing overall Library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements.
- Preparation of Library Budget.
- Responsible to the Provost for the smooth running of the College Library.
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Giving professional advice on Library matters.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of MLS with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience.
- Candidates must also obtain relevant publications in journals and text books equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer.
- Candidates must not be more than fifty nine (59) years as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College.
- Candidates must show evidence of an up to date Professional Membership of a relevant Professional Body(ies).
- Candidates must be proficient in Information, and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years in the first instance, but candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of five (5) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including all relevant credentials. Applications should be addressed and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education,
Note: Candidates are also required to request their three (3) referees to send Confidential Report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
Application Deadline: 4th October, 2017.