German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA) is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian, international non-governmental organisation founded in 1957. It has its headquarters in Wuerzburg, Germany.
We are recruiting suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position below:
Job Title: Medical Adviser
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to state Teams in medical and managerial aspects of Leprosy, tuberculosis (TB) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs> control in accordance with National guidelines
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of the Leprosy, TB and NTDs activities Programme
- Participate in operational research, related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs control
- Participate in organization of training at the central level and support training carried out at sub-national level
- Participate in preparation of quarterly, Bi-annual and annual progress reports
- Participate in preparation of annual plan of action and budget of Leprosy TB and NTDs control programme
- Participate in formulation of policies, regulation and technical guidelines related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Participate in proposal writing inresponse to external calls for expression of interest
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Medical Coordinator or the Country Representative
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or equivalent
- 5 years of practical experience in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating disease prevention and control activities
- Proven competence in modern training skills and/or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- Knowledge and skills in proposal writing
- Good Knowledge and ability to use computer software for word processing, spreadsheets and basic epidemiological / statistical analysis
- Excellent Knowledge of the strategies for prevention and control of Leprosy, TB, NTDs or communicable diseases
- Demonstrated abilities for teamwork
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral organisations in the country.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
- The post requires extensive travelling for field-work
- Female candidates and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- If you have applied previously for this post, you need not apply again
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and test
- Interviews are likely to hold the following week.
Application Deadline: 24th August, 2017.