At South Shore Women’s and Children’s Hospital, we are focused on the provision of excellent and individualized care to our patients. We believe totally in the respect of humans, their choices and the diversity of our patients. We are continually upgrading our knowledge and skills to the benefit of our patients.
We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently support operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior Level
- The Business Development Manager shall work to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
- The occupant shall be saddled with the responsibility of defining long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- Lead the Hospital’s Business Development activities to ensure that the Hospital is marketing its services locally and beyond its immediate geographical catchment area.
- Develop, implement and deliver robust Business Development Strategies and Marketing Plans, maximizing the use of e-marketing and other legally acceptable marketing strategies for healthcare businesses to achieve sustained growth in patient visits, increased bed occupancy, theatre utilization and increased referrals.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing the market, examining risks and potentials, evaluating clauses in the contract and making recommendations to management.
- Develop strong understanding of our products/services and competitors, understand the target markets, win new clients and maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Develop solid understanding of patient needs and market trends in the healthcare industry, undertake market research and competitor analysis; draw conclusions from these and suggest changes and improvements to management.
- Identify and utilize opportunities for campaigns, service awareness, and build business cases for development of new services and or presence/expansion.
- Ensure the improvement and popularization of SSWCH brand and sustain its brand image, awareness and visibility.
- Identify and establish sustainable relationship with client generating and funding organizations within the healthcare industry.e.g HMO’s.
- Build and leverage on the Hospital/Patient relationships founded on trust and integrity to facilitate growth of clientele and repeat businesses.
- Manage the patient feedback sourcing and evaluation process and reporting (working with Customer care).
- Utilize feedbacks from customer care and customer liaison personnel, work with clinical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs and improve the general patient experience.
- Participate in forums related to the industry; conferences and client discussions. In other words, act as a representative of the organization
- Prepare annual budget for (marketing) and track expenses relating to the budget
- Responsible for the business development team and their performance management
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational/Planning skills
- IT/ computer skills
- Performance Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- This position has supervisory responsibility over the entire business development and customer relations team.
Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- The Person
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) in Business, Economics, Mass Communication or any related Business Degree.
- A postgraduate qualification is desired.
- 5 to 7 years relevant work experience in a Business Development Role
- Two to three years of these if in the health sector will be an added advantage
Additional Eligibility /Qualification
- High level presentation and public speaking skills.
- He/she should have the ability to effectively cope with colleagues and clients and move them towards accomplishing certain tasks and goals.
- Experienced in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders in a rapidly changing, complex healthcare environment.
- Ability to dialogue with clients and arrive at a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Independent and strong entrepreneurial attitude, global thinker, self-starter, good analytical skills.
Salary very competitive in line with industry standard.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2017.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!