Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Contract Period: 3 Months
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years minimum of previous driving experince
- Experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
- Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s
- Fluency in English is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, including Cover Letter, Resume, copy of relevant certificates, ID Card and phone number to: [email protected]
The MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Street,
- Short-listed candidates will be announced and invited
- For the Hard copy application, please indicate the Job Position on the envelop
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 26th September, 2017.