Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (National Contract Only)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Archiver Assistant reports to the Finance Officer in Maiduguri.
- She/He provides support in term of finance documents scanning and filing of the financial documents.
- Bachelor Degree or higher Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain with relevant professional certification
- 1-2 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates should apply with CV’s and Cover Letter indicating and explaining their suitability to the position.
- Candidates should provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
- Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
Application Deadline 13th October, 2017.