Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Advisor
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an in depth analysis of the dynamics in the area in which MSF is operating
- Develop relationships with key actors through the regular sharing of information about MSF activities
- Alongside the Project Coordinator, represent MSF in meetings or negotiations with political, military and civil society actors.
- Develop an in depth analysis of the social and political dynamics in the area in which MSF is operating
- Execute clerk-related activities
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
- File and update field contacts and correspondence
- Report on security incidents in the area of MSF operations
- Cross check rumors about possible security threats or incidents
- Exchange analysis of the context and networks with Country Analyst
- Advise the Field Coordinator on security risks and mitigation measures
- Analyze the way in which MSF is perceived in the community and make recommendations to address any misperceptions.
- Support the field coordinator in preparing contacts for exploratory missions
- Brief new staff on the context
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education Essential: University degree
- Languages Essential: Written and spoken English and Igbo
- Knowledge Essential: Computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable: Existing network of contacts in Anambra state and at federal level
- Essential: Good understanding of local social, political and security context
- Experience Desirable: Three years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable: Previous work experience in the field of journalism, advocacy, diplomacy or security management
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Commitment to MSF principles (neutrality, impartiality, medical ethics)
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Analytical skills (gathering, processing and understanding information)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview
Application Deadline 21st October, 2017.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!