Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer (National Staff Only)
- The role of the Safety Officer (SO) is focused on the continuous implementation of safety strategies and protocols in order to ensure a high level of safety and wellbeing for all DRC/DDG staff based in Field location.
- The SO will maintain a high level of contextual awareness of his/her operating area and strong coordination with Program and Program support teams at the field level. He/ She will promote a strong Safety culture at their Base office(s) through continuous trainings and collaborative safety assessments with all field based staff.
- The SO will serve as the Safety unit representative at Field level and also serve, when required as the Safety unit representative on the Field Crisis Management Team.
- The SO will report directly to the Head of Base and will technically report to the Safety Advisor, and will be an integral part of the Safety Unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to humanitarian work or risk management
- Working experience in MS Office 2013 package including hands-on experience/skills & MS Excel Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- 3 years of demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO with at least 1 year of field safety management experience included.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English, and local language e.g Hausa, Fulani etc.
- Knowledge of local languages.
- Willing to meet short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel within DRC offices within Nigeria.
- Experience in preparing reports.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- Experience in developing safety related technical tools guidelines and systems
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The position is for Nigerian National Only. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview
Application Deadline 10th November, 2017.