Guinness Nigeria Plc (Diageo) is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Arthur Guinness, John Walker and his sons and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people, businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the 32,000 talented people we have globally to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong. Sold in more than 180 countries, we have a responsibility to ensure that our brands remain as relevant today as they have done in the past, and to pass them on to the next generation in even better shape.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Type of Job Employee
Reporting Location Ogba Brewery
Reports To: Site Quality Manager
Context of the role
- Nigeria is currently the world’s third largest market for the Guinness Brand and may become the largest in the next five years.The Brewery operations are focused on the three sites, – Ogba, Benin and Aba, and all sites have quality functions within their structure.
Purpose of the role
- To ensure bench work quality control determination are carried out in accordance with GNPLC quality procedures and specifications for the attainment of high quality products
- Work across our business with support from Brand Technical Centre in UK to deliver high quality product to our consumers
- Carry out designated analyses promptly and accurately in line with GNPLC work procedure and ensure results are well-documented on-line (UNILAB), notebooks and on-line Kalamazoo and results sent to user department promptly.
- Determination and reporting of analytical parameters, as appropriate and as specified.
- Working within guidelines to ensure that results are repeatable and aligned to other laboratories on an interchange basis.
- Working with the appropriate parts of the supply function (as required) to assist them in delivering products of the highest quality in terms of content and presentation.
- Acting as a member of the Quality team, and displaying the behaviors expected of a strong team player.
Qualifications And Experience
- HND in Micro-biology option- (minimum education requirement)
- On the job experience, having worked for 2 years in a laboratory environment.
- Result oriented.
- Very good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Objective mindset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply