Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Ngala LGA (Gamboru/ Ngala), Borno (with moves within Ngala LGA and to Maiduguri)
Contract Duration: 3 Months with Possible Extension
- Daily update of the accountancy according to the project activities and Finance and Administration needs;
- Double check of records, according to SIF procedures;
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for SIF accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Ensure the respect of the procedures before all payments (validation form, etc)
- Preparation of Monthly Closing Documents (Cash Inventory) for the Base
- Ensure that original financial voucher documents dispatched from Base office to country office on weekly basis.
- Ensure the full confidentiality regarding financial and human resources information.
- Assist Ensure Due process are followed in Recruitment Exercise of Temporary staffs
- Transmission of Original HR Data and records to Country Office
- Follow-up of all monthly payments(Salaries, Office and Phone rental, Vehicle rental, etc) at the base level
- Process all adhhoc Staffs payment in the Base
- Archive all the relevant administrative and accountancy documentation in the proper way indicated by the Administrator and according to SIF procedures;
- Compile field accountancy, Check all invoices and writings.
- B.Sc or HND in Accountancy, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or other related field with in-depth understanding of Administrative issue
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience in INGO
- Good Knowledge of Paying Attention to Details
- A Team Player
- Excellent computer skills including navigating email, internet and MS WORD and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency and experience in Financial Management and reporting .
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English; ability to speak Hausa and/or Kanuri is a plus.
- Good Knowledge of Accounting policy and procedure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org