Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a leading private educational institution with a group of schools comprising of Nursery and Primary Schools and Secondary Schools in Lagos.
We are seeking an experienced highly motivated and result-oriented Secondary school teacher to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guidance & Counselling Educator
- She/he will develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Pay attention to cultural or societal differences in dealing with the students
- Conduct group or individual counseling sessions to assist students with problems or concerns
- Identify behavioral problems or at-risk students and act appropriately
- Cooperate with parents and teachers as well as other interested parties
- Complete assessments and tests, analyse results and provide feedback
- Study and update student records
- Prepare and present reviews on progress
- Link pupils’ knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Evaluate the progress of students and reinforce the sense of accomplishment
- Develop and implement an all-encompassing educational and counseling plan with modern methods of teaching and mentoring
- Foster equal opportunity practices and encourage students’ association
Skills and Competencies
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
- Stress management skills
- Strong People management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills.
- Team building skills.
Education and Experience
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Guidance & Counseling, Psychology in Education.
- A Master’s degree in Counseling will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years counselling experience in an educational setting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!