Oxfam is convinced that people have the power to end poverty. All they need is an opportunity. Oxfam is committed to make sure everyone gets that chance. That is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to listen to the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve both men and women in our work. Oxfam is a confederation of 17 organizations that works together to increase the impact of its long term development and humanitarian responses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Ref No: 3542
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: 1 year
- To technically lead the Logistics teams in the North East (NE), Nigeria in the delivery of efficient cost effective and quality logistics and admin services to support the emergency program delivery and respond to emerging emergencies in the LCB Response
- Manage an integrated supply and logistics structure which involves liaising and working closely with all members of the Oxfam team to ensure good planning and preparednes
- Ensure quarterly programme procurement and supply plan in place for North Ease Humanitarian Response, support quality input in preparing plans and ensure those achievements.
- Ensure that the supply of goods, logistics services (deliveries, warehousing, transport, communication) and other related queries are processed with speed and efficiency.
- Generate and lead the Humanitarian response implementation strategy for logistics/supply policies and procedures.
- Adopt cost saving strategies that will assist the Humanitarian Program Coordinator (HPC) and Country Logs Lead to minimise on wastage, improve efficiency and promote internal controls.
- Build relations, advocacy, inter-relations with other NGOs, UN bodies and commercial companies on logistics / supply issues if and when needed.
Supply and Logistics:
- Maintain familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with donor and Oxfam procedures/ requirements and that appropriate documentation of projects for transparency and future donor inspection/ audit is in place.
- Ensure that all Oxfam contractual matters including contracts of office and team accommodation premises/ hotels as well as hired vehicles and all services are up-date and well maintained.
- Ensure that for the overall management of all logistic aspects of the Oxfam program follows Oxfam logistic procedures as well as key into the innovative country-specific procedures where applicable at the field level. This will include supervision and monitoring of the general supply chain i.e. supplies, stocks, fleets and assets in programmes. Furthermore, this will include also the supervision of requisitions, local purchase, transport, warehousing (including storage and stock control systems), the issuing of supplies, etc.
- Ensure that a proper record of expenditures, receipts, requisitions, purchase order forms, waybills, and all other documents are kept.
- Ensure that monthly logistics reports are compiled and reviewed and submitted to country office in a timely manner.
- Ensure that inventory and asset lists are accurate, up-to-date and maintained.
- Ensure that Oxfam procurement procedures are followed and that authorization levels are respected.
- Ensure that Oxfam transport policies and procedures are adhered to at the field level and all contracts are signed with vehicle vendors.
- Supervise and monitor vehicle fleet management routines, including the management and further training of drivers;
- Ensure that there is an efficient system in place for the monitoring of fuel purchase and consumption by vehicles (Oxfam’s and Rental).
- Carry out field assessment to identify potential vendors through a supplier mapping exercise which will provide adequate supply chain efficiency to the field offices.
- Manage, monitor all stocks and assets in North East Response Programme and establish a disposal plan in accordance with the donor’s requirement and with country management team consultation.
- Take lead to ensure a wider field FWA (Framework Agreement) process for all category codes utilised by Oxfam’s projects and sign a FWA with identified and successful vendors.
- Supervise all filing and document management within the logistics department and he/she will ensure it will be done in a systematic, coherent and transparent way so as to meet Oxfam/ donor’s needs, obligations and requirements.
- Line manage (direct/matrix) the Field Logisticians, ensure appropriate logistical Oxfam systems/ procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all supply and logistic functions are carried out effectively and efficiently in the emergency programme setting.
- Be involved in the setting of measurable objectives for the logistics personnel in accordance with the HR requirement/ policy. Primary focus should be targeted on building capacities through PDPs (Personal Development Plans).
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Maintain and retain monthly contracts and procurement trackers to identify Key Performance Indicators on outputs.
- Monitor the programming and installation of Tracking boxes, HF & VHF radio, landline, and other communications systems as well as training on the use of and establishing communications routines and protocols for programme teams.
- In close collaboration with the Finance department, assist in the monitoring of programme expenditure, the transparency of systems and procedures in place and the compliance with order processing requirements of donor contracts.
- To report monthly to the Managers on Logistics activities and plans.
- To take on other appropriate programme activities as agreed by manager.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills and Competencies
- Qualifications and/or extensive field experience in logistics related skills; purchasing and supply, warehousing, vehicle fleet management and communications team support, security awareness;
- Extensive experience of logistics management preferably in a similar position with an international NGO – or with the UN or other intergovernmental agency.
- Experience of representation/ liaison with government officials, local authorities, NGOs, civil society groups and donors
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style
- Team player with experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions, cultures and political environments
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues.
- Diplomacy, tact and communication and negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Good written and spoken English essential.
- A proven record of effective management of people, other resources and processes.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop local staff members.
- Demonstrable experience in the logistics management of institutional donors.
- Experience of management/supervisory responsibilities.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy
- Substantial experience in managing emergency programmes within developing countries
- Strategic thinking with ability to network and influence high profile ranks within the sector.
- Knowledge of issues relating to emergency response.
- Managerial skills and quality.
- Good computer skills with command in MS – Excel specifics.
- Confidence in systems and procedural compliant
- General practical competencies in vehicle maintenance, and building skills would be an advantage
- Experience working in an environment in which the security and political situation is volatile in a role which involved security management.
- Analytical skills and strong report writing skills
What We Offer
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between EU 2962- to EU 4557.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2018.