The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s foremost development university with a mission to foster the creation of leaders committed to sustaining a democracy in which diverse people share in the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, proficient in creating and applying technology to wise purpose, and dedicated to securing a humane and prosperous world. The university offers a unique resource for Nigeria, West Africa, and the entire continent in addressing crucial economic and social development needs.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates in the position below, this position is a local position and opened to Alumni of the American University of Nigeria, indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Resident Director
Department: Student Affairs
Summary of Position
- The Resident Director (RD) creates residential environments that enhance students’ academic progress and successes, by promoting the intellectual life of the residents.
- The RD creates opportunities for students to explore and clarify their interests, values and attitudes.
- She/he knows and abides by AUN policies including, but not limited to the Fundamental Standard, the Honor Code, the Controlled Substances and all other relevant policies that include social and professional relationships, as well as the Residence Agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Experience in working with students in a university setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and communication skills.
- Minimal training and development skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Experience in working with college level students in an academic setting.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Energetic people, strong personality, able to inspire the respect of strong-willed students.
- Possession of excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Staff supervision and appraisal
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Organizational Culture and Networking
- Assessment of students needs and interest
- Crisis management
- Ability to interpret and recognize the special needs of ethnic, racial, religious and cultural minorities.
- Decision making
- Budget development and resource allocation
- Cooperation and collaboration
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status
Application Deadline 18th January, 2018.