United Kingdom Education Advisory Services (UKEAS), is an education consultancy committed to ensuring that in all our offices FREE expert advice is given by highly trained counsellors on any aspect of British education. We provide counselling and application services for international students wanting to study at high schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Founded in Taiwan in 1993, we have helped tens of thousands of students to achieve their goal of study in the UK.
We are recruiting on behalf of the University of Birmingham (UoB) to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Officer (University of Birmingham)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Overall Job purpose
The Country Officer (CO) is responsible for representing the University of Birmingham (UoB) in Nigeria. Working for UKEAS (www.ukeas.com.ng) , in close collaboration with the International Recruitment Office at UoB, the Country Officer will work to enable UoB to maximise its potential in Nigeria by enhancing recruitment to foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes to both the Birmingham and Dubai campuses, develop relationships with key educational institutions in Nigeria and other organisations in the public and private sector including recruitment agents, support the development of a strong alumni network, and generally raise the profile of UoB in Nigeria.
1.) Support applicants to UoB campuses in both Birmingham and Dubai:
- Provide information, advice and guidance to applicants and potential applicants on a range of areas including admissions processes, course information, scholarships and visa applications.
- Facilitate applications and act as the main point of contact in Nigeria for applicants and UoB, keeping in regular contact with applicants and offer-holders. Screen applications, including checking the legitimacy of qualifications. Maintain accurate application records
2.) Liaise with applicants to improve conversion:
- Work with the International Recruitment and Admissions Offices at UoB to develop and implement a plan to convert the maximum number of applicants holding offers to registered students
3.) Support incoming visits to Nigeria from UoB academics and professional services staff:
- Assist with booking appointments, accompany UoB colleagues to appointments, arranging transfers with appropriate travel company
4.) Represent UoB at promotional events, including exhibitions:
- Prepare information for relevant events and ensure all necessary arrangements for attendance are made. Give presentations about UoB to prospective students, their parents and sponsors attending events. Attend independently or alongside UoB staff and/or alumni
5.) Support and build relationships with UoB’s recruitment agencies:
- Provide information and advice, training, problem solving etc and attend recruitment events where appropriate
6.) Support delivery of alumni and activities:
- Provide support for the implementation of a strategy to enhance alumni relations including organisation of, and attendance at, alumni events in Nigeria, maintain contact with UoB alumni in Nigeria
- Support development of articulation and collaborative course provision agreements and MoU’s with education and industry partners in Nigeria.
7.) Support the development of pathways to UoB:
- Work to build strong relationships with partners involved in offering academic pathways, such as foundation programmes, which enable students to join programmes at UoB.
8.) Maintain regular contact with International Recruitment at UoB:
- Monitor and report on monthly expenses, enquiries, applications and activities, provide monthly reports to the International Recruitment Office covering activities undertaken and planned, maintain databases of activities and applications.
9.) Be based within the UKEAS Lagos Office:
- With a remit to travel as deemed necessary by the International Recruitment Office to other cities and countries to carry out student recruitment activities. To include travel to other countries and cities in Sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on West Africa in particular.
- Travel to the UK as required for training purposes at least once a year
9.) Any other duties as required by the Head of International Recruitment at UoB.
- Graduate of a UK university
- Knowledge of the UK higher education system
- Evidence of administrative excellence and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work under own initiative and high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, to targets, both independently and as part of a team
- Organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Excellent IT skills.
- Knowledge of the international student market in Nigeria
- Experience of working in education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with contacts at all levels by telephone, in writing and face to face
Interview Expected Date
19th & 20th of February 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send CV & Covering letter as one document and not separate attachments to: [email protected]
Note: Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 14th of February 2018.