Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Supervisor
Main Objective of the Position
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Installs, maintains and monitors, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission (capital and projects)
- Supervises, plans and provides network security, supports and trains users, applies security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Registers, reports and refers unsolved questions,problems and unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Trains local IT assistants on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, as well as the radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- 50% of the time in the the projects: Damaturu, Gwoza, Maiduguri and Pulka
- Monthly reports to Logco registering all the activities, problems, soutions proposed and plans for following month
- Responsible of updating monthly IT material inventory, location, passwords and status
- Responsible of configuring computers and printers according to MSF standards and programmes.
- Essential, advanced diploma in IT.
- Desirable degree in technical engineering.
- At least 2 years in IT related jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF.
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C, Veritas, etc.).
- Essential, mission working language; essential working knowledge of English and good command of ICT English.
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Stress Management L3.
As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Application Deadline 5th April, 2018.
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression.
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the medical team leader, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities and following up the sides effects (Pharmacovigilance).
- Recording all items received and issued in the tools (stock cards and Isystock: e-tool) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Degree in Pharmacy (B.Sc) management is essential, or Diploma in Pharmacy or registered nurse with pharmacy management experience
- At least 1 year certified work experience in pharmacy stock management
Application Deadline 4th April, 2018.
Job Title: Personnel Administration Manager
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Is responsible of ensuring that MSF is a Responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all Administrative and legal issues in the Mission.
- Know labour legislation in force in mission country; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources and/or regularly meeting with lawyer, other local authorities;
- Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission.
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed in the frame of fair labour conditions, and according to local legislation, MSF HR vision, values and principles.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place
- Is responsible to ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid approved by HQ and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid, and that any new function or amendment to an existing one are requested in advance to HRCo and HRO for previous validation by HQ.
- Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies, ensuring MSF acts as a responsible employer at any time.
- In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfillment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level, checks that monthly declaration forms for taxes and employee/employer social security contributions are correct and sends them to the Financial Department. .
- Informs HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HRCo informed at any time.
- Knows Homère in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
- Degree in Administration related studies.
- Working experience of at least 2 years in administration. Required experience with MSF.
Application Deadline 9th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Motivation Letters either by email to: [email protected]
using Job Title/April 2018 as the subject of the mail
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!