Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it’s partners, Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP).
The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position of:
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Supervises: Finance Manager
- The Senior Finance Manager (SFM) reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and will be responsible for providing the financial management for all Jhpiego projects in Nigeria.
- The SFM will oversee all local financial and contractual aspects of jhpiego projects in Nigeria and work closely with project staff to ensure accurate financial and contractual reporting of the project.
- The SFM will ensure that the financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and USAID rules and regulations.
- The SFM will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and book-keeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of project financial operations.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above Participate in the business development process Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives.
Key Financial and Leadership Responsibilities:
- Financial planning, budgeting and reporting for Jhpiego active projects in Nigeria.
- Provide guidance to the program teams regarding the financial requirements of the projects and office operations.
- Provides guidance and support for contracts development and management
- Maintains and administers project financial accounting system.
- Implements and oversees a detailed financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego’s established financial system.
- Closely monitors cash flow and assures budgets are followed so spending is on track
- Designs and implements sound internal controls by implementing recommendations from compliance reviews
- Implements and guide staff on policies and procedures and lead trainings, as needed
- Reviews disbursements and payroll for authenticity and accuracy
- Provides assistance, as needed,to local sub grantees on financial compliance and reporting
- Oversees the financial reporting process to donors
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations related matters.
- Prepares the monthly financial report by using adapted finance software (QuickBooks) and ensures accuracy and timely submission to HQ.
- Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages to assemble, analyze, and format data and/or reports Ensures financial management systems provides accurate, current, and complete disclosure of financial transactions
- Serves as the member of the senior management team
- Prepare accurate budgets, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to: prevents over or under-expenditure of budgets, ensures proper safeguards of funds and ensures compliance with established USG and Jhpiego’s global financial, accounting and administrative procedures.
- Leads the development, monitoring, and review of project budgets
- Reviews monthly financial analysis and budget vs expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions, as required
- Ensures reasonableness of financial projections
- Makes in-country budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures, as required.
Cash and Bank Management:
- Ensure sufficient funds are available at all times to meet project needs
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliation to ensure balance sheet reconciles to organizational financial records
- Serves as Jhpiego’s liaison with banking officials
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audits
- Ensure that in-country legal and statutory requirements (i.e. registration, VAT/Tax reporting, filing tax returns, business licenses etc.) are fully complied
- Facilitate the work of external audits (serve as the Audit Manager) –
- Drafts responses to audit findings and follow-up on the implementation of audit recommendations
- Directs and oversees the monitoring and annual auditing of cost-share requirements, tracking and reporting.
- Reviews, reconciles and monitors all project accounts, including major program operating accounts and petty cash operations involving cash advances.
- Determines updated monthly project accruals and projections to support forecasting accuracy and program completion, as required.
- Ensures sound accounting records
- Regularly reviews accounting transactions to ensure costs are allowable and reasonable
- Regularly reviews QBE: review of balance sheet, aging analysis, detailed GL, expenditure by ION, advance balance
- Review monthly QBE replenishment request
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure proper project and financial reporting, spending and compliance with project terms and conditions.
- Ensure that USAID and other donors’ resources are appropriately directed to program priorities and are in line with program work plans.
- Work closely with auditors during audit of the program.
- Serve as a resource person for non-finance staff on USAID,JHU and Jhpiego rules and policy.
- Provides financial oversight to finance officers in Abuja and in the field offices.
- Ensures compliance by all assigned staff to the JHU and Jhpiego timekeeping requirements, as well as, the staff’s timely approval of timesheets.
- Preforms other projects related activities as assigned by the supervisor or by Jhpiego management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 29th March, 2018.
- Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.