Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information, Communication & Technology Assistant
Internal Job Grade: E1
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: IT Officer Lead
Purpose of Job
- To ensure effective usage of Oxfam in Nigeria IT facilities by providing technical support to the organization and its partners in terms of, but not limited to, Networking, Internet facilities, Server Administration, Data storage, System Efficiency, Enterprise Application, Inventory and capacity building
- Act as the contact person with the ITO for all IT issues relating to the Oxfam Nigeria program
- Maintenance of the Internet services equipment, Server and general networking in the office and prepare a monthly analysis of the bandwidth usage and service availability.
- Responsible for performing system back-up for the clients and server infrastructure.
- Adding, Deleting, management of modifying User’s account information, resetting Active Directory passwords etc. of all Oxfam in Nigeria Staff email addresses and ensuring the security of all IT Operations.
- Maintain all IT Equipment, Computer accessories and peripherals (Software) e.g. desktops, laptops, printers, photocopiers, electrical systems etc. and ensure that they function at least 85 % efficiency rate.
- Maintain the File Permissions on the shared electronic filing system
- Applying Operating System Updates and configuring of the changes when informed by IT Officer
- Keep an up to date inventory of all IT equipment
- Trouble shooting any reported problem and attending to technical queries
- Ensure the reliability of access to e-mail system
- Take regular backups of all local data, and maintenance of Network shared drive and users profile.
- Ensure that the virus protection software is installed on all machines & updated regularly
- Induct new staff in Oxfam’s computer systems
- Provide IT Support to all staff in the country office and Project Office
- Provide Support to partners in conjunction with the supervisory manager
- Develop step by step guides for users and Standard Operational procedure
- Assist the supervisory manager in the purchase process of some IT requirements for the Country office and project office, and ensure standards are adhered to
- Provide regular Computer security back up
- Communicate compliance of IT Policies and procedures and use of Information Technology systems. Undertake regular review of systems to support IT function in the Country office and project office and share such update with the Country office Information technology officer. Undertake regular maintenance of file storage systems and archiving of files.
- Setup new computer system and configure computer for users, according to Oxfam standards
- Manage Country office Website – Uploading of documents and liaison with Country Office
- Maintain Service Desk and Service-Now systems with management of user calls. Update IT Library (Hardware, Software and Configuration of system’s documentations).
- HND or bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Networking design and implementation.
- Installation and configuration and maintenance of Radio and VSAT equipment and servers.
- Professional qualification – CCA, MCSE, CCNA, or CCNP
- Learning orientation/skills
Work Experience / Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT development and IT implementation or Enterprise systems administration or cybercafé management.
- Has experience in developing and/or implementing backup systems for small to medium size organizations
- Experience in managing cloud-based systems
- Experience in maintenance and repair of computer systems and servers.
- Experience in planning and expansion of network.
- Experience in database system design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience in designing network topology.
- Experience in working in an organization with support to partners.
- Excellent IT technical skills.
- Analytical and research skills
- Training, Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Written and spoken English language.
- Communication skills, both for a professional/specialist and lay audience.
- Public speaking skills
- Articulate with above average presentation skills
- Team player
- Good numeracy skills.
- Database design skills
- Independent, rigorous and organized,
- Able to multitask, prioritize and resist pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 10th May, 2018.
- Applications that do not follow the guidelines above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.