The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position below:
Job Title: Family Physician
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Manage all medical issues presented to the clinic, 24hours/day and 7 days/week;
- Publish health education/promotion articles in the institute bulletin as maybe assigned by the Head, IITA Clinic;
- Facilitate/conduct relevant occupational health related activities for different units as directed by the unit head;
- Organize in-house continuing medical education of the entire clinic staff on clinical skills and relevant customer relation skills;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor/Management.
- Arrange referrals to other outside health facilities in liaison with the unit head e.g., dental, obstetrics, surgery etc. as the need arises;
- Investigate clinical problems with the use of comprehensive high-tech laboratory, and other diagnostic equipment;
- Monitor the effect of dangerous chemicals on staff working as chemical handlers/ sprayers;
- Participate in the medical screening exercise for IITA staff and community;
- Collaborate with the unit head in the discharge of clinical duties;
- MBBS or MB ChB plus a post graduate fellowship qualification in General Medical Practice (Family Medicine) must be a registered member of the Nigerian Medical Council with at least Ten (10) years’ experience in the following:
- General medical practice including accident and emergency unit
- Intensive care management of various subspecialty medical problems
- In-patient medical problems
- Family Health practice in a metropolitan city.
- Computer literacy, humanism, compassion and empathy are essential for this position.
- Commitment to high ethical standards for personal and professional conduct.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.
Application Deadline 11th June, 2018.