IROKO is Africa’s leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world’s largest online catalogue of African content, totaling 10,000+ hours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Office Manager
- IROKO is on the lookout for an experienced HR and Office Manager at our Lagos offices, with outstanding organisational skills and second to none attention to detail.
- They will support the Lagos based team in all day to day HR tasks including payroll, pensions, benefits ownership and will work closely with the Global HR team on a range of global projects and reports.
- This role will work closely with the Finance team and report directly into the CEO and CFO.
- You will act as the sole point of contact for all HR support. Processing all new starters, probationary and leavers documentation.
- Provide accurate payroll information for the office to the finance department to ensure payroll is run accurately and in a timely manner including adding new starters, removing leavers and approving all net salaries.
- Ensuring that all HR Policies and Procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Working closely with the global HR team in London, and New York on all Global HR issues.
- Ownership of all Lagos office Health & Safety Inductions and making sure the Company is legally compliant.
- Manage and oversee staff induction, probation and professional development.
- Working closely with the finance team on any financial indicators for HR.
- Dealing with any Employee Relations issues, grievances, investigations etc for the Lagos office.
- Dealing with any other Ad Hoc or office management duties specified by the CEO and CFO.
- Ownership of all HR, financial, pensions and benefits administration and reporting as well as HR System maintenance.
- Manage all new starters/leavers paperwork and documents.
- Track staff sick days and holiday and take action when needed.
- Ownership of all recruitment needs in the Lagos office from resume approval to interviews and offers.
- Process office invoices and payments.
- Keeping the Employee cost list up to date.
- Managing and driving the Performance Review process, issuing timely reminders and guidance to Staff Partners and managers as appropriate and collate training needs.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- At least 5+ years’ of generalist HR experience.
- Solution oriented with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Focused on building strong and effective working relationships.
- Focused on continuous improvement and development, both personally and on behalf of the company.
- Highly numerate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes on board feedback and is proactive in acting on flagged areas for development.
- B.Sc. degree desirable but not required.
- Experienced in working with International Businesses is preferred.
- HR Professional qualification essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken.
- Proactive, commercial and customer focused.
- Organisational awareness.
- Problem solving/decision making.
- Second to none attention to detail in every aspect of their role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 10th May, 2018.