The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the internationally recruited position of:
Job Title: Accounting Technician I
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Process cash and travel advances in line with IITA policy;
- Release AP invoices encumbrances;
- Attend to travel and claims enquires;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in the online calculations of local per diem for NRS;
- Process cash and travel reimbursements;
- Create AP prepayment invoices for cash and travel advances;
- OND in Accounting or related field with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, articulate and be able to work under pressure.
- Must be conversant with the use of Oracle Financial Application.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2018.