Medecins Du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to Healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Length of contract: 6 months
Possibility for extension: Yes
Starting Date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Cash Box Management
- General Administration
Cash Box Management:
- Make payments according to MdM procedures.
- Keep the cash and cash boxes safe and according procedures.
- Estimate petty cash, and make request to the Administrative Coordinator for replenishment.
- Perform daily/weekly/and monthly cash control with Finance Officer.
- If necessary, realize the payment of monthly per-diem and advance of salary according to MdM procedures for the international staff
- Management of safety envelop for international staff (payment and refund in and out)
- Enter invoices & payments data regularly into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts in accountancy after validation of Finance Coordinator, in the schedule fixed and send the documents required Keep the administrative archive on the mission (do the copies, classify and archive)
- Support to look for invoices when required
- Prepare the payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MdM programs, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations, and proformas etc.)
- Double check of records, according to MdM & donor procedures
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Make cash advances for operation to validated staff after validation of the Finance Coordinator and ensure that all advance are reconciled/closed by the end of the week & month.
- Prepare (glue and copy) and archive all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with MdM procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Develop filing system for administration department, and after validation of Administrative Coordinator, Realize copying and filing and scanning, especially for accountancy
- Assist during organization of trainings, accommodation and transportation
- Prepare a summary of weekly activities Participate in a pro-active way to the improvement of the MdM inteal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Finance Coordinato
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or comparable Degree.
- One year experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English
- Experience with INGO required.
- Experience with Saga will be an asset
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their two page Curriculum Vitae; three work-related references; a one page Cover Letter, explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above, (If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF) to: email@example.com Also, write the Job Title and your name in the subject line.
Application Deadline 28th May, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.