Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, legal aid and a wide range of other protection assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system in the area of Finance. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Officer
Location: Ngala, Borno
- The incumbent will oversee the support function including the overall Ngala Office, Guest House and Office, coordinate with stakeholders on ground and support program team as necessary.
- The positions work closely with Roving Admin Assistant, roving finance and logistics and reports directly to the Logistics Manager in Maiduguri.
Guest House Management:
- Coordinate all issue of the Guest House including what is required to improve the Guest House, space available before staff from Maiduguri book their flight to Ngala
- Ensures Guest House running including managing cleaners and security guard working in the Guest house. Support the mentioned staff to ensure that cleanness is properly done and security guard is timely on duty including other roles as necessary.
- Responsible for allocating rooms for staff on first – come, first served. Ensuring proper tracking on the white board on rooms taken and rooms available and updating Maiduguri on rooms available.
- Coordinating contribution from staff on matters pertaining kitchen so that the cleaner/cook can prepare meals for staff
- Responsible for managing all the fleet in Ngala and liaising closely with Fleet Officer in Maiduguri including reporting any vehicles breakdown, condition of vehicles so that action is taken to rectify the problem
- Supervision of the two drivers in Ngala by ensuring the drivers are supported, movement are authorized and movement board are updated.
- Liaising with transport service provider in Ngala for timely provision of trucks to support secondary transportation during food distribution in camps
- Vehicles are serviced timely and refuelled before fuel is below half tank to ensure movement is guaranteed whenever required.
- Ensuring coordination of Pick up and drop off of staff.
- Receiving food items as per the order and ensuring that the food items are offload as soon as possible, stacked in the warehouse neatly
- Updating all the warehouses documents including Bin-card, stock cards and filing other necessary documents such as waybill, approve release order etc.
- Fumigating the warehouse and ensuring cleanliness of the warehouse
- Office management especially Offices supplies, equipment, internet and day-to-day management of Office
- Setting up staff sign-in and sign-out for the necessary staff
- Planning and timely ordering supplies from Maiduguri that is required by the team in Ngala
- Focal point for HR Administration in the office
- Serve as technical resource person for the HR department.
- Report to the HR Manager any irregularities that occur within the DRC office, staff compound and sites on DRC policy and procedures.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director/HoFA/RO and HQ.
Essential and Education
- At least three years’ work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Oversee the management of DRC non-food items (NFI) and where applicable food items (mostly in-kind donation) warehouse in Maiduguri, Borno state.
- The warehouse management procedure should be carried out within DRC warehouse and inventory management procedures while ensuring safety of supplies and personals at all times.
- The successful candidate will work within the logistics team and provide support to the Logistics Officer on all warehouse management procedures in compliance with DRC guidelines.
Overall Warehouse Management:
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse, in compliance with DRC policies and guidelines
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to programming/contingency commodities arrivals
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained at all times within warehouse premises.
Stock and Inventory Management (Receiving and Dispatching goods):
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting of stocks, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Supervise the receipt of all consignments and monitor the quantity and quality of commodity(ies) stored.
- Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory.
- Undertake all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal in line with organization compliance and local laws.
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions and share with the Snr. Logistics Officer and Logistics and Procurement Manager
- Provide monthly stock reconciliation report (donor specific)
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly complete.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Provide technical backstopping to field teams in the event of sudden emergency.
- Report any irregularities that occur within the warehouse to the Logistics Officer.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director and Head of Support Services in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- At least 1-2 years’ work experience in field of warehouse and inventory management with an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications (MS Excel and Word)
- Training in warehousing and inventory management. Further studies particularly in logistics accounting procedures, business or computer related.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages is desirable (Hausa)
- Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Programme staff
- Human Resources
- Procurement and Logistics.
- Log sector and PU.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Logistics Officer will be based in Maiduguri office and he/she will take a lead role in overseeing all the warehouses in Maiduguri, Mafa, Bama and Ngala field offices.
- The Logistics Officer will be supported by Warehouse Assistants in the locations mentioned while reporting to the Logistics Manager in Maiduguri Office.
- The position includes frequent travel to all the field Offices and works closely with procurement Officer, Transport Officer, HR/Admin officer and Senior Finance Officer.
- Line manages Warehouse assistants and Logistics assistant, works closely with IT assistant, HR Officer, Senior Finance and Procurement officer during their deployment in Maiduguri.
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for Maiduguri office, including all Borno field bases, in line with the Assets recording system for the country program.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the DRC policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse reported to the Logistics Manager and to the Maiduguri Area Manager.
Inventories and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the warehouse/stores in all Borno state are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of inventories to and from the warehouse & stores are correctly documented; authorized and file as per procedures.
- Inform the relevant Programme staff/managers upon receipts and dispatches of supplies and coordinate with them. Allow requesters inspection of items upon delivery for quality
- Administer the entire logistic process from the start of a request until delivery of food from the WFP warehouse to the various distribution point is completed
- Ensure stocks Reports are circulated to all Program Managers on monthly basis and per request.
Base and Guesthouse Management:
- Ensure Base and Guest Houses are well maintained. Cover all Electricity, Plumbing and Carpentry needs
- Organizing Dislodging and Waste disposal in all locations
- Engage and Supervise work of suppliers
- Maintenance and repair of A/Cs
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Liaise with WFP for deliveries and logs cluster/military for movement requests
- Arrange for the distribution of program supplies as per plan and coordinate with program teams.
General Work and Filing:
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures
- Provide training and support to other logistics colleagues when requested.
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Provide technical inputs on procurements related to vehicles, generators & power systems and other technical items required for logistics operations.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by line manager, where they do contradict the organization’s policies.
- Bachelor Degree or higher diploma in logistics and supply chain with relevant professional certification.
- Driving license
Experience and Technical Competencies
- 2-5 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages(Hausa).
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th May, 2018.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview