AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: ART Clinician/Sites Coordinator
Reports to: Medical Director
- The ART Clinician/Sites Coordinator directly oversees all medical activities, at AHF-Nigeria supported facilities in the located State, in Nigeria, covering all comprehensive sites and outposts within the State/region, and see to the expansion of services within the State/region in Nigeria, ensuring delivery of high quality standard of care for all patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
- He/she oversees medical, AHF operations in the State and supports the Country Program Director to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the State/region
- He/she will lead the expansion of AHF Program within the state.
- Provide technical supports to Prevention and Treatment program and ensure linkage of outreach activities to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration
- Attends key technical partners meetings and provides feedback to management through the Medical Director.
- Ensures that CMEs are conducted in all sites and participates in the facilitation of CME sessions
- He/she participates in staff need assessment and induction of new hired staff
- He/she participates in setting performance targets and staff appraisal, disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his/her supervision.
- Ensure standard quality of clinical services at all AHF supported sites in his/her region
- Provide periodic comprehensive support supervision report, adhering to the tools provided by AHF
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensure functional QI teams are in existence at site levels
- Supervise and implement quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions
- Strengthen TB/HIV, PMTCT, ART services through integrated service delivery and provision of quality services in the state program
- Ensures Optimal operations of the laboratory services, including functioning of sample referral networks at state level
- Provide on-site technical support and mentoring to the field staff and coordinate M&E of the project
- Ensures effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinate time motion surveys to monitor performance
- Oversees the timely collection, compilation and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision making at site, regional and country program level.
- Identify early warning resistance indicators and intervention strategies
- Remain updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related illnesses
- Participate in the elaboration/monitoring of annual targets and ensure that they are achieved in all regional sites.
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to Health Care workers, Nurses, Laboratory Scientists, Pharmacy Technician working in the different facilities in the state to ensure continuous growth and learning
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program Pharmacist
- Work with the program Pharmacist to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices
- Identify and promote operational research at site level and build capacity among the staff in case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers
- Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made so enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a recognized institution. Additional qualification in Health Systems Management or Public Health will be an added advantage
- Four years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems
- 2-3 years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment; two years minimum of administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases
- Experience in planning and budgeting required
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices desired.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point
- Proficiency in basic research application like Epi-info, SPSS, etc, an added advantage
Locations: FCT – Abuja and Benue
Reports to: State Clinical Coordinator
Slots: 2Job Summary
- The ART Clinician oversees the ART, PMTCT and prevention services of the AHF program at the facility level
- This position is crucial to the achievement of AHF Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close coordination with the Facility Medical Officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services;
- Coordinate monthly patient care team meetings;
- Ensure efficient management of AHF’s finances and provide complete, timely and accurate reports;
- Implement a continuous quality assurance and improvement program at the site level.
- Supervise other staff at the facility level;
- Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff;
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of all services provided
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs;
- Ensures quality of HIV treatment and TB services at the site;
- Ensures adequate Data capture, handling and use at the site
- Any other duty designated by the HIV/AIDS Technical Specialist;
Education and Experience
- University graduate in Medicine;
- At least two years experience in HIV treatment programs;
- Experience in program management;
- Experience with operational research and evidence based healthcare is an added advantage;
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point. Proficiency in basic research application like Epi-info, SPSS, etc, an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer