The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic Helper
- Performs maintenance and repairs that require no specific technical skills on equipment and structures according to oral or written instructions.
- Cleans and details vehicles as required ( interior/exterior)
- Assist the Mechanics in carrying out their work as required
- Ensure Workshop and store area are routinely cleaned and organized
- Carries out fuelling of generators
- Assists other workshop team members when needed
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of Primary school education
- Basic command of written and spoken English an asset.
- Basic math skills required
- Driving license
Desire profile and skills:
- Basic knowledge of welding and electricity and asset
- Previous auto-detailing experience an asset
- Basic knowledge of automotive technology an asset
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic mechanical safety procedures.
- Good knowledge of the local area and integration into a professional network
Job Title: Generalist Field Officer 1
- Contributes to the monitoring of the security situation, identification of risks and expanding ICRC network in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa and Taraba States.
- Contributes to the implementation, or at times directly implements, and follow-up of various field activities, in accordance with the sub-delegation strategy and objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian, security, socio-economic, cultural and political environments relevant to the ICRC, sharing relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation as per the structure’s flow of communication.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation to the activities and contributes to written reporting.
- Facilitates and contributes to the work of the delegates and other colleagues, either internally or externally (internal or external meetings with authorities at local level, briefings on ICRC field activities, etc.).
- Contributes to the development of the structure’s network or of own network of contacts with local stakeholders.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independently.
- Represent the ICRC in different forums and to different interlocutors sometimes independently.
- May ensure administrative and financial follow up after field missions
- University Degree in Social Science; Political Science; International Affairs, Communication or any related field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar function preferably with a humanitarian organization
- Previous experience working with an international organization is an added value
- Fluent in English, Fula/Fulfulde (Fulani) and Hausa Languages
- Knowledge of other language used in Nigeria is an asset
- Proved knowledge of the cultural, ethnic and political fabrics in the states of Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa and Plateau
- Outgoing and confident character
- Honest and Transparent
- Can work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
Job Title: Water and Habitat Technician (Hygiene Promotion Officer)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of hygiene promotion program in camps and non-camp settings.
- Provide technical guidance to the Nigeria Red Cross Society volunteers by training, supervision, mentoring and follow up of progress on the capacity development of their skills.
- Adopt participatory learning approaches/methods for community water, hygiene and sanitation
- Participate in the monitoring of all hygiene promotion, and community mobilization activities to ensure target communities behavior change and project ownership.
- Mobilize, organize and supervise, through facilitators or other means, members of the communities to take ownership of maintaining best practices in personal, community and environmental hygiene.
- Conduct participatory hygiene promotion sessions within communities, groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity, community-based committees and other groups, such as duty bearers and stakeholders.
- Draw programs in line with globally recognized hygiene and sanitation action days.i.e Global handwashing, World Toilet days.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental/Public Health/Social Science or equivalent training/experience in related technical field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ practical work experience working with vulnerable communities in the field of water/sanitation, WASH, hygiene or public health and experience in behavior change activities.
- Familiarity with key health and hygiene issues and hygiene promotion/education activities in camp and/or non-camp settings.
- Experience of training design, delivery, facilitation, mentoring and building the capacity of communities and partners is desirable.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches will be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English as well as spoken Hausa.
- Strong communication and reporting skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with Adamawa/Borno South State.
- Adaptable, Efficient and Organized
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible, reliable and accountable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Send their Curriculum Vitae, copy of drivers licence and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Clearly indicate “Job Title/Location” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 16th May, 2018.