Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adolescent Girls Empowerment Officer
- The AGEO will be responsible for the timely and quality delivery of the adolescent girls program at NCA in its locations including partners with technical support from the GBV Advisor.
- She/he will manage the adolescent girls mentors, and frequently engage the parents/care givers f the girls in both designing and implementing the program through coordination with other team members including GBV Officer and case workers.
- Lead the adolescent girls program
- Ensure the design, development, review and adaptation of adolescent girl’s resources that are in existence and used by other partners appropriate to the context.
- Participate in capacity building initiatives for staff, partners and other stakeholders to ensure quality and comprehensive delivery of project activities
- Develop plans and activities in line with project.
- Facilitate the setting up and functional safe spaces for women and girls and supervise all safe space activities implemented for girls.
- Conduct monitoring of program activities and ensure standards are followed.
- Facilitate the formation of Adolescent girls groups through the engagement of care givers/parents and ensuring their inputs into the design of the adolescent girls program is ensured.
- Support staff to identify and link vulnerable girls to child protection actors and other service providers based on need to access support and care
- Conduct monitoring to partner activities in their various locations in close coordination with the M&E officer as may requested by supervisor on all adolescent girls activities.
- Submit quality reports as scheduled including but not limited to weekly, monthly etc.
- Carryout any other duties as outlined by the supervisor.
- Develop tools for monitoring AG program and activities.
- Conduct training for girls mentors to effectively be able to engage girls
- Lead in the identification and selection of girls through the use of various tools as appropriate
- Work closely with the GBV Advisor to initiate planning for longer-term adolescent girls program in order to be able to prevention and response to the needs of girls.
- Maintain, monitor and measure GBV project implementation and contribute to effective information management on GBV survivors, adhering to the national guidance on case management of survivors and the SOPs
- Closely work with case workers, outreach workers etc. to ensure that best practices are respected and international standards are met in responding and preventing GBV and especially working with girls
- Excellent experience and knowledge in working with adolescent girls.
- Strong experience in curriculum development and adaptation
- Experience in participatory training and especially for non-literate groups at community level
- Fluency in English,
- fluency Hausa and Kanuri an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- Computer literate especially micro soft work, excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay in remote areas as required.
- Experience in engaging communities and groups.
- Experience in developing monitoring tools
- Experience in GBVIMS and case management
- Degree in psychology, social sciences, public health, nursing required.
- Two years and above experience in similar position or related
- Flexible and willing to work in rural communities especially field based
- Attended trainings on GBV and is aware of protection issues.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 15th May, 2018.