Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Supervisor
Length of contract: 6 months
Possibility for extension: Yes
Starting date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Supervisor, the Data Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Data Management
- Data Report Design
- Other Tasks
- Data management on the corresponding forms and tools
- Update the standard monitoring tool designed on Excel
- Create and generate relevant graphs to show the data developments/movements
- Finalising development of database in collaboration with coordination team if needed
- Contributing to design various studies (surveys, new forms…)
- Receiving the data from the project team or if not, collect it
- Enter medical data in the mission database appropriately and on a regular basis (from mobile teams and supported health facilities)
- Update and maintenance of database (data, formulas, graphs…)
- Report and alert to the line manager any problem arising with data provided or database.
- Data report design
- Supportive supervisions of mobile clinics team to support and improve field data collection
- Direct supervision of registrars in all mobile clinics to ensure data quality
- Instruct colleagues on various tools to be used
- Train mobile clinics team on proper use of data collection tools
- On request, will have to read documents, reports etc to look for data.
- BA/S or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant field.
Professional experience and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the nonprofit sector in information and data management, ideally in health programming or protection.
- Excellent skills in excel and data analysis are required for this position, and will be tested at interview
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluent English and Hausa required
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Ability to think independently and identify data discrepancies
- Experience designing and implementing electronic data collection methods
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements for medical data is a plus
- Experience working in a multiorganizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page Curriculum Vitae, three work-related references and one page Cover Letter, in One Document -MS Word or PD explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above to: email@example.com Write the “Job Title and Your Name” in the subject line.
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- If you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.