IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reports To: Head, Internal Audit
- The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for leading and executing assurance and internal audit projects, as part of the annual risk-based internal audit plan.
- Additionally, the Senior Internal Auditor performs follow-up on the status of outstanding action points.
- The Senior Internal Auditor will also assist internal audit management with periodic reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Audit Committee, as well as in the development of the annual internal audit plan and championing of internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout IHS.
- This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Work performed includes coverage of functional and operating units focusing on governance, risk management, and control processes within IHS. The incumbent will also carry out investigations into reported irregularities as required.
- Lead audit team in planning, executing and reporting audit engagements and following up on the status of agreed management actions.
- Supervise work done by other team members to ensure they are in line with internal audit methodology and provide guidance where applicable.
- Conduct formal follow-up audits of implementation status of agreed management action plans per approved risk-based audit plan.
- Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to the Head, Internal Audit on the implementation of assigned engagements
- Conduct investigation of prompts, deviation from and non-compliance to PPPs
- Perform regional audits, spot check activities and other special assignment as directed by Head, Internal Audit
- Prepare audit work programme for assigned audits
- Conduct audit of functional areas in IHS
- Document work done in the form of work papers in accordance with internal audit manual and methodology.
- Prepare audit reports to be reviewed by Head, Internal Audit
- Monitor changes to the Company’s policies and procedures and assist in documenting and storing such data in the databases maintained by the unit
- Update and maintain outstanding actions database and liaise with process owners on implementation status.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in any Business related discipline, e.g. Accounting, Finance, Economics etc.
- ACA, CIA, CISA and related professional qualifications
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject bar the name of the role.