Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: Purchaser
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Two years prior supply experience is required; experience with an NGO would be highly beneficial
- Degree in Supply Chain Management would be highly beneficial
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Applications, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: [email protected]
Hard Copy Applications should be sent to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Crescent,
Maitama (Off Panama Street),
Application Deadline 15th June, 2018.
- The vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria. MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.