Solidarites International For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of contract: 2nd July, 2018.
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Goal / Purpose
- The logistics assistant supports the Logistics Manager in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base.
- The Logistics Assistant will also lend his/her support the Manger carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the Logistics Manager in their absence.
List of Main Tasks
Management of Supplies:
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored.
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Compose and archive purchase folders
Management of Vehicle Fleet:
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Draw up the vehicle schedule
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles travelled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of petrol and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
Management of Equipment/Telecommunications:
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication.
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of Supplies:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Support the logistics officer in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories
Human Resource Management:
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the logistical team
- Establish team schedules in conjunction with the logistics officer
- Ensure or assist with logistical training.
- A good listener
- Effective Communicator, confident
- Ability to prioritize work and work with minimal supervision
- Team Player, initiative, proactive
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation, persuasive skills
- Excellent Planner, analytical
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Logistics, Supplies Management
- Languages; Proficiency in English; knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages is desirable.
- Computer literate with good IT Management Skills
- Knowledge of Logistics, IT, Procurement, HR and Admin procedures
- Fleet and Equipment Management
- 2 years’ experience in INGO in Logistics responsibilities
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CV and suitability statement as a single attachment) to: email@example.com The file must be named with the name and the surname of the candidate and the subject of the mail must be “Logistics Assistant – Ngala”
- No paper applications will be accepted
- Candidates from Ngala are encourage to apply
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.