GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer – GE Global Growth & Operations
Job Number: 3111217
Job Function: Legal
Business Segment: Global Operations Global Law & Policy
- The Compliance Officer is responsible for developing and implementing compliance strategy and programs in West Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa (“SSA”) more broadly, with particular emphasis on supporting GE businesses.
- The SSA’s Compliance department’s key focus is to build, maintain and continuously improve the compliance culture through prevention, detection and response of compliance issues and implementation of core compliance processes.
This is a key appointment within the GE SSA team, and the principal tasks include:
- Providing strong compliance support and leadership to GE businesses
- Actively participate in selection, due diligence and annual training of channel partners and distributors
- Maintain and continuously improve compliance measures, dashboards, and operating metrics as applicable to different functions
- Conducting compliance training along with business leadership – Compliance Leadership Training, New Hire training, etc.
- Developing strong communication plan and work proactively with all team members to drive compliance communications and guidance to business leaders, assuring customer satisfaction
- Leading and support investigations and audits
- Supporting the GGO Chief Compliance Officer delivering SSA’s overall compliance and enterprise risk strategy and program
- Identify and execute special projects as needed, including development of new compliance tools/programs to address business needs and emerging risks
- Travel within SSA and overseas as required from time to time.
- Focusing on Operational compliance, process improvements, training, and driving annual risk assessment and mitigation processes
- Working with the businesses to develop an effective sustainable compliance program (e.g., policy and procedures implementation, third party due diligence and approvals, Session Ds, regulatory & compliance councils, etc.)
- Supporting the Spirit & Letter program in GE SSA, and other business specific compliance programs
- Close coordination with the P&L business leaders to monitor compliance risks, action plans and support overall strategies to grow while ensuring compliance risk is limited
- Supporting Ombuds network by creating open reporting environment; ensure issues are investigated and closed quickly and appropriate actions taken
- Development and execution of business specific compliance plans
- Attendance at key committees/external and internal meetings
- Completion of goals and training
- Delivery of identified Enterprise Risk Management goals
- Delivery of identified Compliance Projects and Programs
- Strong, effective business relationships
- Effective early detection and advice concerning relevant regulatory change
- Employee awareness of Compliance obligations
- Strong relationship with compliance and legal within region and globally
- Maintain strong compliance culture in relevant GE SSA.
- Ensuring regulatory obligations/requirements are met
- Negotiating and resolving issues with key stakeholders that may have conflicting priorities
- Driving business lines to enhance their standards to meet internal policies, or where appropriate supporting the business to request exemption from Regional
- and Global leaders
- Influencing stakeholders and effecting process improvements
- Working within a matrices business environment with distinct business units and leadership teams.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience, including dealing with third parties and due diligence.
- Knowledge and/or experience of compliance issues, such as: remote site risks, controllership, FCPA, anti-money laundering and privacy
- Experience in a senior Compliance or Legal role
- Compliance, Audit, Financial Reporting experience desirable
- Experience managing Regulatory relationships an advantage
- Experience in implementation of Compliance Programs
- Sound understanding of GE processes
- Experience conducting investigations
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior and mid-level management.
- Strategic planning on business objectives to ensure compliance planning is integrated into overall business deliverables
- Knowledge of Australian regulatory environment
- Knowledge of global compliance strategies and tools.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications desirable
- Legal qualifications are desirable but not essential
- ACI membership or evidence of related compliance studies an advantage
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
- Proven ability to create and execute appropriate strategy
- Strong organization ability, prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience and confidence of presenting to high level audiences
- High-energy, self-motivated, confident leader willing to take on responsibilities across geographic and business boundaries.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Strong process, execution and operational skills
- Ideal candidate should be a process oriented professional
- Demonstrable influencing and advocacy skills in a complex environment
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills, across all levels
- Relationship builder
- Able to influence in a matrix environment and be an agent of change
- Strong lateral thinker
- Excellent process and project management skills
- Proactive, self-driven and motivated
- Customer-orientated and responsive
- Prepared to make difficult and/or unpopular decisions if necessary
- Team player
- Unyielding integrity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply