Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments starting under $0.19 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expansion Finance & Admin Lead
Type: Full Time
- You will report directly to the Country Lead and collaborate with the CFO, Finance Directors, Global Controller and other country leadership to build and inspire the accounting team, and create and set up the finance systems, processes, and controls for new offices in Nigeria to ensure best practices and adherence to global accounting standards and tax laws.
- Fenix is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and disciplined Finance & Admin Lead for Nigeria with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team
- This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to play a leadership role in a fast-paced start up at the front lines of renewable energy and mobile payment technology.
- The ideal candidate will be hungry to be part of a fast paced startup culture and thrives on ownership over a wide range of responsibilities. No task is too small for you, as part of a lean, execution-oriented, and entrepreneurial team
Market Setup Strategy & Leadership:
- Create and continuously refine Fenix Uganda’s finance strategy to help Fenix achieve its finance objectives and targets, while embodying our commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience
- Build and provide inspiring leadership to a high performing finance team, including:
- Recruiting and training mission-driven and highly qualified finance and admin teams
- Setting inspiring and ambitious targets and motivating the team to achieve them, including testing and setting compensation and incentive structures across the teams
- Continually monitor and refine the effectiveness of Fenix finance strategies, gathering evidence in the process to inform the strategy as Fenix Nigeria scales
- Develop relationships with relevant actors and maintain Fenix’s networks throughout the business environment
- Track relevant trends and business intelligence in the Nigerian market and proactively make recommendations to continually improve Fenix’s finance strategy
- Set up and manage relationship with local consultants and local authorities for corporate and statutory compliance in Nigeria
- Maintain the country financial model, using it to forecast EBITDA targets and the impact of strategy decisions on business performance
- Help create a culture across Fenix Nigeria that recognizes and embraces Fenix’s vision and values, always encourages success, and supports all employees
- Oversee the set up of financial reporting activities in new territories as Fenix Nigeria scales, including:
- Leading the recruitment and training for accounting teams across new territories as Fenix Nigeria scales
- Implementing robust operational finance systems that utilize operational best practices, including the following activities:
- Set up revenue and expenses booking according to IFRS compliant practices
- Set up banking and insurance relationships and monitor accounts
- Compile monthly financials
- Process PO’s, payments, billings, and payroll
- Set up accounting best practices and reporting processes
- Coordinate tax filings for and collaborate with Director of Finance/Global Controller to oversee external audits and tax audits
- Generate both regular and ad hoc insights for action so that Fenix Nigeria can maintain excellent financial health:
- Work closely with department heads to understand monthly expenses (BvA), monitor spending and drive efficiencies in cost centers
- Create and/or coordinate with Financial Analyst on ad hoc reporting as necessary to analyze revenue and cost trends
- Work closely with the following stakeholders to provide strategic finance and administrative support as needed:
- Business development team – to assist with financial considerations of expanding into new territories
- Operations Director – to conduct inventory audits, coordinating with external auditors for annual audits and maintain and tie out inventory accounting systems with FenixDB
- Portfolio Health team – as needed to assess and continuously improve the ReadyPay portfolio health strategy to ensure repayment is healthy
- Talent team – to adapt compensation strategies that position Fenix Nigeria as a competitive employer while meeting financial goals
- Manage and execute all financial audit processes and corporate/statutory compliance, including establishing and managing relationship with external auditors for annual audits
- Roll out Fenix ERP system for inventory management, budgeting, and forecasting in Nigeria, In coordination with global finance team.
- Recruit and manage a high performing and motivated admin team and support them to work in seamless collaboration with finance and talent counterparts
- Implement robust admin processes to ensure that day-to-day administrative operations are nimble, rigorous, and team-friendly as the country scales
- Build and implement systems and processes that support the business and team including:
- Processing work permits (in collaboration with Talent team)
- Maintaining office and grounds
- Procuring and tracking work assets
- Managing benefits
Required Skills & Experience:
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English, other languages a plus.
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in excel
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural team of accounting staff
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Attention to detail, strategic thinker
- A passion for Fenix and our customers!
- B.A or B.S in Accounting, CPA/ACCA preferred
- Significant leadership and management experience in operational finance, preferably as a Controller/Finance Lead
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience with risk assessment and loan portfolio health evaluation methodologies
- Understanding of rural BOP markets, microfinance, mobile telecom and/or renewable energy industries in Africa.
- Certified Accountant
- Grant financial management and reporting
- Work experience in a multinational company or financial institution, preferably with operations in Africa
- Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.