WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and IT Intern
Contract type: Internship ( one year fixed term / non -renewable)
Reports to: Head of Finance & Information Technology Department
Manages: Not applicable
Budget responsibility: None
Travel: Limited local travel to field location
- The idea behind the internship is to create the opportunity for learning and development targeting young professionals.
- With the exposure gained and skills developed through work in an international development organization, we would be building a crop of professionals with experience directly relevant to the international development or which can easily be applied in careers in other professional sectors.
- Finance & Information Technology department Intern
- Finance & Information Technology department.
- Place of work: WaterAid Nigeria (Abuja)
- Ensure accuracy, security and documentation of petty cash and cash receipts. Be the custodian of office petty cash.
- Ensure that petty cash is maintained at agreed minimum levels through collection of cash from bank when required.
- Support in postings of transactions into SUN, Vision and other systems/ templates.
- Support in monthly reconciliations, remittances and payments.
Filing and Documentation:
- Reconcile and explain all outstanding balance on staff debtor and creditor account.
- Support in partner financial management
- Support in processing of partner funds transfer
- Other roles as may be assigned.
- Support in management and keeping of accounting records, files and other documentation.
- Stamp “paid” on all paid payment vouchers and supporting documents
- Support the process to ensure accurate and adequate documentation and recording of WaterAid Nigeria income and expenditures.
- Support in internal controls
- Send monthly update to staff on status of staff advances
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting or Business Administration or any Social Sciences.
- Student membership of a professional accounting body ( ICAN, ACCA etc)
Experience / Specific Knowledge
- Completion of National Youth Service Scheme
- Basic computer skills Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum two years post NYSC work experience in an NGO setting will be a distinct advantage
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Excel
Skills / Abilities / Personal Qualities:
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Written and Oral Expression – Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will easily understand.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others; Keen sense and appreciation of priorities and deadlines
- Flexibility-Ability to adapt to difficult situations (e.g. unforeseen change in context)
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Attention to details-Ability to follow precise procedures and complete routine tasks/activities without errors
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Ability to use information and determine best fit option relative to costs and benefits of potential actions to determine most appropriate one option
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their expression of interest Letter and updated CV’s in a single document to: [email protected] the position title should be indicated in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2018.
- Document should be saved in your name.
- Application is open to Abuja residents only.