The U.S. Mission in Abuja, is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Voucher Examiner
Announcement Number: Abuja-2018-018A R
Work Hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Start Date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duration Appointment: Temporary Position: Minimum of 6 months, Not to Exceed 12 Months
- The incumbent reports to the Supervisory Voucher Examiner/Supervisory Cashier
- S/he reviews and processes all types of vouchers submitted for payment from State Department and many agencies at the Post
- Additionally, s/he performs duties to comply with USG regulations and ICASS Service Standards.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics is required.
- Three (3) years financial experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of appropriation law, regulations governing voucher examination and payments is required.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Skills and Abilities: Proficiency in computer skills and financial software, as well as the ability to articulate complex issues is required.
- Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
- When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letter head of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.
NGN 4,766,721 / USD 36,218.
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS – 174) , or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS – 174; plus,
- Application letter addressing the Qualifications and Evaluation for the position
- Degree without transcript (if applicable)
- Certificates and License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g.transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
- E – mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
Click here to download the Position Descriptions (PDF)Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
Note: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.