Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Deputy Log Base
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Log base, the driver is in charge of :
- Transport in accordance with MdM procedures the transport of goods and people safely.
- Ensure the daily and weekly maintenance of his vehicle.
- Check that all administrative formalities are up to date.
- Drive the vehicle allocated to him in accordance with the rules of the road safety applicable in Nigeria. The driver will adapt his speed according to the state of the road, its loading and the approach of the populations. The speed limit in the city is 30 Km / hour in open road 80 km/ Hour and in High way 100 km/hour.
- Note: The driver is responsible for the safety of any property or persons on board. He may be held liable in the event of an accident if he has not followed the procedures.
- MdM is a humanitarian aid organization working in remote areas where the passage of vehicles is rare, it requires the driver to respect the population and increase his attention during his stay in the villages (dust, puddle), child not used to seeing vehicles etc).
- Carry out the daily check of his vehicle:
- Fluid levels of the vehicle: water, oil, brake fluid, etc.
- State of the tires,
- Visual appearance of the engine, steering, battery, …
- Light control
- Control of the vehicle tools
- Control of the first Aid kit
- Carry out routine maintenance of the vehicle
- Vehicle cleaning (indoor and outdoor)
- Cleaning the battery lugs
- Check and tighten the bolts if necessary
- Lubrication, etc.
- Notify the Deputy log base one week before the date of the maintenance of his vehicle and perform the check after the services and repairs if there were done properly.
- Carry out and verify that the vehicle loads are correct (packaging, fasteners, quantity, delivery note).
- The driver is responsible for the loading of the vehicle and he can be held responsible for loss / damage of goods during transport.
- Complete the Log Book daily.
- Respect MdM procedures for all types of transport.
- Vehicle Movement request (identify destination and travel time)
- Always have the following documents: driver’s license, vehicle papers, insurance, Mission Order, etc. Check their validity before departure.
- Check and maintain the tools box present in his vehicle (signature of the equipment list when picking up the vehicle)
- Carry out a correct transfer of the vehicle before each departure on vacancy or during a change of vehicle.
- Immediately inform the deputy log base or the Log Base in case of:
- Mechanical problems
- Security issues.
- Prohibit passengers in the back of pickups and trucks. (If transport obligation, ask authorization to the zone manager).
- Formal prohibition to transport all persons armed or in military uniform in MdM vehicles.
- Any transport of persons outside the organization is prohibited (except authorization of the base Logistician . In case of emergency and impossibility of communication, the driver can take this responsibility. He will have to report as soon as he arrives at the base with the logistics supervisor.
- Leave only when passengers have fastened their seatbelt
- Respect the Code of the Road to the letter
- Maintain radio contact with the base when moving
- Inquire about the safety situation of roads before traveling
- Check and warn the assistant log when there is a problem with HF radio.
- Turn off the HF radio before starting or shutting off the vehicle engine
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- Médecins du Monde – France is a French humanitarian organization, involved in emergency, post-emergency and development programs in Yemen.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the country representative and Deputy Log base
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd July, 2018.
- The driver must make a complete inventory of the situation and refer to the instructions given by his supervisor.
- If for any reason, a driver is obliged to use his vehicle when he needs repair or it violates the safety rules, he must note it in the “remarks” part of the book maintenance and have it signed by the person in charge obliging him to use his vehicle, in order to free himself from the responsibility in case of possible problems.
- The driver is responsible for renewing his driving license