Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator Assistant
- Assisting the Finance Coordinator in the implementation and follow-up of the finance activities of the mission, while executing the accountancy and payment related tasks for the capital, according to MSF policies, standards and procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations.
- Processing payments , ensuring that receipts and supporting documents meet the necessary quality standards.
- Filing and/or scanning hard copies of documents, entering information in the accounting software and performing monthly closing procedures for the journals under his/her responsibility
- Following up on rental/service contracts and insurances dates and informing the FinCo on time to organize payments and renewals
- When requested, replacing other members of the Finance/Accounting Manager or Project Administration Assistants during their absence
- Control the daily/ weekly/monthly financial data input in Unifield from all project to ensure real time information is available when required to timely decision making
- Assist Finco; (functional) oversight of financial processes for the projects. This includes providing support, training and capacity building for Fin/Admin in the projects regarding Unifield, financial administration and other administrative issues
- Supporting the projects finance teams in delivery of quality and timely accounting: cash procedures, bank accounts, paper accounting (receipts and support documents), electronic data-entry, monthly closing process and documents.
- Process Non-cash payments in coordination
- Ensure compliance to MSF guidelines, standards, policies, and procedures for the mission: in particular financial standards and procedures, and engagement of expenditure (purchasing and payment procedures
- Responsible for Maintaining the mission Tax files ensuring prompt follow up of all related matters and adherence to timely remittances.
- Supporting Financial Coordinator with delegated tasks to ensure proper management in the mission (budget, accounting, treasury, reporting, donors, auditing procedures, legal financial obligations, etc.) including the translation of documents and assisting in meetings upon request
- Keeping updated on local laws and regulations and informing the FinCo of any changes or misalignment with the practices in place. Ensuring respect and strict compliance to MSF standards (chart of accounts, quality of documents, guidelines, expense validation procedures, cash security rules, etc)
- Carrying out delegated accounting tasks and activities for the capital, ensuring confidentiality on all finance issues related to MSF as well as the strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation
- Education: Essential solid accountancy training and experience – professional accounting qualification. Desirable University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Experience: Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs. Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Languages: Mission language essential Local language desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)Good working knowledge on MS Office.
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter with latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details on the envelope (specify on the envelope – Application for the post of “Finance Coordinator Assistant”) to the address below:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF-OCA),
No. 11, First Avenue,
You can send your Applications to Our project offices in Zamfara, Sokoto, Benue and Niger State.
Application Deadline 15th August, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!