Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving Supply Chain Officer – Warehouse
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Supply Chain Officer-Warehouse will report directly to the Supply Chain Team Leader
- She/he must be able to manage a local emergency stockpile and goods consolidation point in order to permit the rapid movement of DRC/DDG humanitarian supplies
- Design and implement warehouse management and commodity tracking system especially for food commodities.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Implement standard DRC warehouse management procedures and guidelines as applicable in the Warehouse Management Handbook
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- Participate in field-level program planning formulation and advise on warehouse considerations.
- Provide technical and warehouse management support to field office in Ngala, Bama, Mafa and Farm Center as well as relating with Log Sector warehouse in Maiduguri.
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new initiatives and procedures related to warehouse management
- Interface with DRC Food Security and warehouse teams to ensure timely provision of monthly stock reports.
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national level in supply chain with focus of warehousing.
- Varied supply/logistics functional background ranging from Inventory and warehousing to transport management and distribution to beneficiaries an asset,
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with commercial transporters and coordinating supply delivery to remote and insecure areas
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Knowledge in Hausa/Kanuri desirable
- Availability: 1st September, 2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th August, 2018.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.