Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle.
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle.
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents.
- Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads.
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
- Languages: Mission language and local language essential
- Knowledge: Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
- Good knowledge of mission area roads
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV’s) and scan copies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details to: [email protected] Please let the subject of your email be “HOM SUPPORT OM01200” as this will only be honoured.
Send hard copies in an envelope, specify on the envelope – Application for the post of “Driver” to the address below:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
No. 11, First Avenue,
Send to Our project offices in “Zamfara, Sokoto, Benue and Niger State”.
Application Deadline 3rd October, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!