KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- Responsible for tax management, including filing.
- Responsible for customer account reconciliation and accounts receivables
- Maintain the Final Accounts and prepare Statutory accounts
- Engage with both Internal and External auditors to finalise the audited accounts
- Maintain fixed asset records and ensuring proper accounting for all fixed assets.
- Maintain inventory accounts.
Detailed Job Description
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Professional certification from a recognized accounting body (e.g. ICAN, ACCA).
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Audit or Tax background in an accounting firm would be an added advantage
- Good accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including ERP application.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Prepare periodic financial statements, audit packs and other reporting in line with IFRS requirements.
- Compute statutory taxes and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with reporting standards and other tax regulations.
- Record cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of all fixed assets.
- Manage all inventory ledgers and develop inventory reports for management.
- Cross check and confirm the accuracy of all payment invoices and follow up with customer to ensure prompt payment.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to financial reporting standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply