Stresert Services Limited – Our client offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: English Teacher
Job ref: ET-NIS
- The ideal candidate is expected to work with children within the range of 5 – 15 years.
- His/her aim would be to motivate children and use resources to help them learn, and develop their social and communication skills by helping students understand English, speak it and be able to write and read it.
- Your duties will range from the preparation of course work, planning of classes and you will spend a lot of time writing on board and will also be responsible for the safety of pupils during your lessons.
- Track and report performance data to determine where changes need to be made and which strategies and methods are working.
- Develop stable, solid relationships with students with appropriate boundaries so they know you are available to help them when they need it.
- Attend special events held by the school and engage with students and their parents in an appropriate, friendly way.
- Attend staff meetings to address situations or challenges with identified students so you can adapt your lesson plan to meet their needs.
- Organising and delivering classroom lectures to students and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare lesson plans in advance that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to the curriculum, also showing students how this knowledge is useful in the real world.
- Set high academic standards for every student in the class while still adapting to the individual needs of each child.
- Evaluating students’ class work and assignments; recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom as well as creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Teach several different classes of students the rules of grammar, punctuation, spelling and other nuances of the English language.
- NCE/B.Ed and knowledge/experience with teaching the English language.
- At least 5-6 years of teaching experience in standard and structured schools.
- Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST.
- Creativity: you will have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, you may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and brief way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students’ attention.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Writing Skills: You will write progress reports as observed on each students etc.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help you deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
Between N120,000 to N200,000 monthly (depending on experience).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “ET-NIS” as subject of mail
Application Deadline 30th September, 2018.
Note: Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.