Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an Oil and Gas Servicing Company in Nigeria. Due to internal expansion in their office, they have decided to hire a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
- Accountable for reviewing and approving supplier’s requests for payment with respect to vendors, ensuring all obligations are met before payment.
- Ensure all Contract and Purchase Order close-out is undertaken in a timely manner, including the resolution of claims as and when required.
- Oversees the arrival of shipments, estimation of Freight costs and call-off freight forwarding services from suppliers, to meet required on-site dates at minimum costs.
- Plans delivery timetables and monitors stock levels.
- Tracks the movement of goods through depots or warehouses and also oversees the ordering and packaging process.
- Manage the procurement operations of the organization.
- Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory of goods procured.
- Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize company’s client satisfaction.
- Manage all aspects of procurement from negotiation to delivery.
- Promote safety and awareness among Supply Chain and Vendor staff aimed at zero accident / incident rate.
- Accountable for approval of Bid-Lists and purchase orders up to certain limit of authority.
- Participate in prequalification of suppliers as necessary and evaluation of commercial bids.
- Preparation of negotiation strategies and procurement negotiations as appropriate.
- Ensure awards of Contracts and Purchase Orders are in compliance with relevant procedures, Specifications and local and international HSE standards.
- Bachelor or/and Master’s Degree in any field. However, having a Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics or related field is an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement/supply chain and logistics field in the Oil and Gas sector in Nigeria.
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems.
- Candidate must have a strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate must possess good finance abilities and be capable of managing budgets.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills, communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their updated CV’s to: [email protected] with the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 28th September, 2018.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!