Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a major Agric/FMCG Group, is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Logistics & Supply Chain – Expatriate
Job Reference: 1503
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Function: Supply chain
- Coordinate and manage freight forwarder, surveyor, clearing agent and Insurance Brokers etc
- Monitor port operation (especially for Bulk cargo vessel)
- Directs the organization’s overall supply chain operations
- Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and production scheduling
- Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- Articulating and en-visioning overall strategy for Logistics and Supply Chain Function
- Managing cost effective logistic operations & seamless materials movement from sea port to Warehouse and vice-versa
- Should be proficient in all clearing related formalities before arrival of vessel/ Consignment/ shipments ensuring consignments are cleared in time.
- Should be able to negotiate with transporters and ensure arrangement of trailers at competitive rates.
- Should be able to negotiate with shipping companies on Freight/ Free days and other related costs
- Should know how to track & record for material, taking care of vessel’s ETA and ETD
- Should have connections and Liaison with National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Nigerian Customs Service, Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON), Inspection Agents (SGS, Global Scan Systems, Intertek, Cobalt, etc…) like NAHCo, NDLEA, NSA, SSS, Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and Govt Agencies
- Should be able to handle a Team of Expats and Locals
- Should be in a position to track the cash-to-cash cycle time for each shipment and able to plan the savings of interest cost basis that.
- An effective communicator & negotiator with strong analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- MBA from a Premier Institute (additional qualification/certification in SC and material management)
- More than 20 years of experience in Logistics / Supply Chain Management, Warehousing, Exports & Imports, Global Sourcing, Vendor Management, Strategic Planning, Commercial Operations, Budgeting, Fleet Management etc.
- Skilled in managing Logistics (Road / Sea / Air), involving Inbound & Outbound cargo
- Proficient in managing Container Freight/ Bulk Freight
- Should have experience in managing multiple agencies involved in Supply Chain and establishing strategic relationships and agreements with Fleet companies, Shipping Lines, Vendors and Clearing and Forwarding Agencies
- Should be able to Liaison with shipping lines, Transporter, Port Authorities and Clearing Agents.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply