Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners – Our client, a Bank in Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Infrastructure Specialist (CCIE)
- Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and email systems; Responsibilities on these systems include installation, engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development.
- The ideal candidate will responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- He will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the company’s standard Project Methodology (SDLC). These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
- EXPERIENCE Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Performing backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- CISCO CCIE FULL CERTIFICATION (written and Lab Exam) (very essential)
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinctadvantage.
- Minimum of 8+ years post National Youth ServiceCorps (NYSC) in the Financial Services Industry.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s in MS Word format and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com with the job role as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 8th October, 2018.