PurpleSource Healthcare is a Healthcare Management and Investment company transforming the private Healthcare space in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
- Supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications. To process prescriptions and also get the pharmacy ready for business on a daily basis.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Receiving and verifying prescriptions for validity.
- Sterilizing the counter tops, scales, pill counting trays, and other medication measuring devices.
- Turning on equipment such as computers, scales, printers and fax machines.
- Greeting the patient and accepting their prescription.
- Dispensing prescribed medications.
- Verifying medications for expiry dates and keeping inventory records of this.
- Careful storage and disposal of patient information
- Proper packaging and trashing of expired drugs.
- Inputting the prescription date into the computer or into provided record keeping documents and processing the patient‘s insurance.
- Administrative and bookkeeping tasks, inventory control, stocking shelves, and data entry.
- Maintaining pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintaining a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizing medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintaining records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generating revenues by calculating and recording correctly all charges to be issued.
- Ensuring medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Preparing reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Pharmacy Technician certificate from recognized schools of health technologies.
- A minimum of OND/HND in Social or Medical Science related disciplines.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Detail oriented
- Listening skills
- Ability to compute accurately
- Organizational skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the role as subject of mail.
Application Deadline 17th October, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.