Saroafrica is the proud holding company to three Subsidiaries: Saro Agro-allied, Saro AgroSciences & Saro Lifecare as such, Our business operations are in the Agro and Consumer Based Industries.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: New Business Frontier Development Manager
- The position of the New Business Frontier Development Manager is a management position within the Business Operation Group.
- The New Business Frontier Development Manager is charged with the overall responsibility of studying and bringing out winnable new business opportunities outside current strategy boundaries of the company in the medium to long term that are aligned to the company capabilities.
- Understand trends and direction of both global and local economies.
- Sniff opportunities even not apparent to others.
- Envision new business direction for the group.
- Pursue and drive the vision.
- Coordinate resources for any specific project.
- Business Research and Environmental Scanning
- Come up with strategy Frontier opportunities across geographies of operations for consideration.
- Coordinate research, analysis, proposal and business planning of any potential interest.
- Validate data and assumptions for investment decisions.
- Conduct specific investment protocol activities in any geography of interest.
- Validate any local information and do deep dive into practical market situation in any potential geography.
- Visit and analyse any geography of interest.
- Business Planning
- Develop new business plans.
- Coordinate the commercialization and transfer to SBU.
- External Relationship Management
- Represent the GED and Executive Office in professional functions.
- Keep track of developments with all our business operations relations and changes in the environment.
- Midwife and manage specific JV developmental relationship.
- Draft and review performance KPIs of any Relationship.
- Network and bring new business relationships.
- Attend and represent the company in Trade and Industry Professional organization meetings.
- Leadership and Stakeholders Relationship Management
- Develop effective relationship with internal/external stakeholders.
- Communicate the Organisation’s vision, goals and objectives and ensure alignment of the goals and activities.
- Ensures key stakeholders have a complete understanding of business strategy and initiatives.
- Network within group for effective relationship.
- Budgetary Management
- Prepare and manage project budget prudently.
- Continuously explore new ways of doing things to drive efficiency.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Executive Management.
- Understanding of macroeconomic issues and organisation’s core mandates.
- Well-travelled with international exposure.
- Ability to identify control techniques that respond to organisational, supervisory, and business process risks.
- Demonstration of knowledge in anticipating, identifying organisational problems and tailoring different problem solving approaches to resolve them.
- Demonstration of knowledge in resource utilization.
- Application of tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge in strategic management and planning.
- Project management experience.
- Minimum of a second Class upper in a quantitative field, such as engineering, finance, mathematics, economics, research, business or other related discipline from a reputable university.
- Must have an MBA degree
- Minimum of 5 years Relevant Experience in Strategy and New Business Development
- Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage.
- Age: 30- 37.
- Initiative and responsiveness
- Analytical thinking
- Administrative ability
- Managerial ability
- Results orientation
- Relationship building
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship ability.
Job Title: Innovation Commercialization Manager
- Innovation is a key pillar of the SARO Transformation Initiatives with a target of new products over the next years.
- To deliver the Performance Ambition, this role will lead the brilliant commercial execution of all new product launches, driving visibility of performance of new innovation launches and ensuring Executional discipline and Profitability.
New Product Commercialization Planning & Executional Discipline:
- Project lead for Commercialization of all project within SLC. Take ownership of new product launches from concept development to commercial launch using innovation tools such as volume forecast tool, P&L, etc.
- The geographic variability and nuances of execution are key in Nigeria and this role will need understand these and ensure commercial innovation plans reflect and respond to these dynamics supporting winning execution in every market.
- Provide commercial expertise and rigour in planning of volume, distribution build and ROS modelling on targeted innovation projects through the gate development process to ensure projects delivers on the topline and bottomline objectives.
- Work with innovation category project officers/sales teams to report on and visibly drive performance management routines of innovation.
- Ensure clarity of project delivery timelines, roles, and responsibilities & drive team commitment towards meeting them.
- Take ownership and monitor in-field innovation implementation and regional execution using live examples to recognise and celebrate great commercial innovation execution where we see it and call out poor execution with remedial action where we fall short.
- Develop Trade and Shopper execution standards and deliverables on innovation projects. Use trade insight to develop tailored propositions that creates value for trade, shopper & SARO.
- Drive rigorous planning within innovation projects to improve our pace and agility behind targeted innovation/brand change projects.
- Ensure the business case is commercially viable to deliver business profit expectation.
BTL & ATL Agency management:
- Develop and brief agencies on planned implementations and expectations.
- Work with agencies to identify commercial growth drivers that would serve as building executional blocks that drives business growth.
- Work with agencies to design all POSM and ensure timely delivery to specification.
- Seek for opportunities where we could leverage technology to drive new frontiers for breakthrough commercialization performances.
- Work with all stakeholders both internal and external
- Send periodic commercialization update for visibility of execution progress.
- Develop all innovations commercial launch plans for Gatekeepers alignment and approval.
- Demonstrate project and team management skills to enable project team deliver on expectations timely.
Measurement & Evaluation:
- Track, monitor & report all field executions. Develop a robust measurement and evaluation calendar for new product launches to entrench a culture of learning and continuous improvement for future projects.
Regulatory, Risk & Control:
- Ensure consistent compliance with business processes and promptly escalate any breach, or potential breach.
- Work with Associates to secure all regulatory approvals as deemed necessary for each project, such as NAFDAC registration of label and approval of product for commercialization, APCON certificate for advertising, SON & MANCAP numbers for quality & manufacturing excellence.
- Be proactive in managing any risk associated with the commercialization of all projects.
- Provides progress report on weekly and periodic basis as may be needed by the Line Manager and other associates as required.
Special Skills/Key Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Skilful reporting to executives and upper-management including delivery of audit results and deficiencies.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical, dynamic, and structured with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to convey information in simple terms.
- High personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity required.
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and solutions oriented mind-set desirable.
- Minimum of a Second-Class Upper in University degree in any one of the Social Sciences and other related discipline.
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in trade marketing.
- Field Sales & Marketing experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with an FMCG company is preferred.
- Age: 26- 32
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Marketing Manager’s role is designed to deliver the above top objectives with a strategic emphasis fashioned to deliver an enhance relationships with refreshed approach and management models.
- The role will assume a strong leadership role with multi-functional teams including direct reports.
- Provide information about the products (4Ps).
- Gather and analyse market information.
- Conduct market research.
- Develop product plan and marketing strategy
- Defines and creates added value for the organisation.
- Coordinate project development.
- Good at portfolio management
- Extension and content building.
- Lead all areas of content generation and production across all media platforms.
- Innovation in service and products
- Ensure brand messages are consistent.
- Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and growth of market share.
- Engage consumers on social media.
- Collaborate with the sales and technical team to develop strategic partnership activities and implement the execution framework and strategic plan on identified opportunities.
- Develop and lead a marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader.
- Communicate with various media buyers, advertising agencies, printers and other services to help marketing projects come to fruition.
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
Our Ideal Candidate
- FMCG marketing background or from the technical industry.
- Understanding of agriculture will be an added advantage.
- Should be open-minded.
- Should have high analytical skills.
- Should have the ability to project into the future.
- Passionate and Result oriented.
- Very articulate.
- Understand the data, and how to present it.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Must be a trend-setter: must keep up to date and have the desire to know more.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be a vision creator.
- Must be able to multi task
- Must have experience creating marketing plans from scratch.
- Must have extensive experience of experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Must be proven in a multi-channel marketing campaign role.
- Extensive customer and field experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and business level audiences in a compelling manner.
- Minimum of a Second-Class Upper in University degree in any one of the Social Sciences and other related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience
- Required Age: 29 – 36 years
Job Title: Market Sales Representative
- He/She ensures wholesales, & retail customers in assigned open markets are served; and SLC products breadth are available & visible at the retail / wholesaler’s outlets in assigned open markets always.
- 100% Implementation of designed route plan
- Develop & maintain customer list that capture Name, Contact Person, Address, and Phone Numbers of customers in assigned markets.
- Optimally Manage Key trade partner inventory and ensures SLC share of their business increases.
- Provide daily and weekly insight on Competition activities and their impact
- Ensure Effective depletion through SKU redistribution at the retail level
- Coverage of assigned universe, new customer recruitment, management, retention and growth
- Must be accountable of all the stocks in his/her custody
- Report issues relating to / satisfaction of customers, & consumers in assigned markets.
- Assist in the development (information generation) and implementation of marketing plans regarding his / her assigned territory.
- Merchandize & execute trade marketing initiatives leading to the desired visibilities/ depletion for company brands in the retail outlets channels.
- OND (Any Discipline) Fluent in English, and Computer Literate, with at least 2 years’ experience.
- Age – 20-30 years.
Special Skills & Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Computer literate
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must be resident in City of interest (Ado-Ekiti).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th November, 2018.