Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional ‘National Ownership’ Lead, WISH Lot 1
Programme: WISH Lot 1
Contract type: Full time, fixed term contract – up to 36 months
- We’re seeking a bilingual (FR/EN) individual to join our team based in Nigeria who will be successfully leading on national ownership & health financing across the UK-Aid funded Women’s Integrated Sexual Health programme countries & providing excellent leadership & support to remote Options’ & wider programme teams’ consultants based in West Africa & enable us to achieve above & beyond KPIs.
About the Programme
- The WISH Lot 1 programme is led by Marie Stopes International (MSI) with the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF); IPAS; DKT International; Options Consultancy Services (Options); Leonard Cheshire and Thinkplace as consortium partners. Options is responsible for leading output 2 (National Ownership).
- Our approach to National Ownership comprises of four strategies: increase government commitment to SRH outcomes through domestic financing; use evidence-based advocacy and effective partnerships to strengthen policy and legislation; use evidence to hold the government to account for SRH outcomes and; promote quality control and standards of service provision and care.
- The Regional (multi-country) ‘National Ownership’ Lead will be responsible for leading and coordinating the approach to achieving national ownership across WISH Lot 1 countries. the successful applicant will engage with consortium partners to ensure alignment and buy-in to the overarching approach to national ownership.
- Operating through English and French, the Regional ‘National Ownership’ Lead will provide strategic and management support to the Options teams based in Nigeria, DRC and Burkina Faso. In Nigeria, the ‘National Ownership’ Lead will be directly responsible for coordinating the consortium’s approach to National Ownership, while in DRC and Burkina Faso. the post holder will provide strategic support to the National Ownership and Health Financing Leads who will lead on the implementation in their respective countries.
- S/he will also provide remote support to the national ownership work in Chad.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Health Economics, Health Management or a related field.
- Significant experience in a senior role the provision of technical assistance for health including remote support.
- Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in domestic financing and/or strengthening policy and legislation, using evidence to hold the government to account for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) outcomes and promote quality control and standards of service provision and care programmes settings.
- Relocation package for international applicants can be considered
- Other information
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Nigeria.
- For a project position with different T&Cs from Options overall, as well as information on the salary, candidates want to know some of the key benefits and perks they can look forward to. What would make them want to apply for this role rather than a similar position with a competitor? Rewards don’t have to be financial so think about what flexible working arrangements etc.
- Basic salary will include the following allowances and benefits: housing, transportation and meals.
- Medical insurance
- 25 days paid annual leave per annum in addition to local bank or public holidays
- Pension scheme including an employer contribution of 10% of your basic salary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with a summary note of your skills and experience to “Claire Gaulier” via: [email protected] Candidates should state the role (Regional National Ownership Lead WISH Lot1) in the subject header.
- Applications will be reviewed and invited to interviews on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).