WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications & Media Officer
Location: Dakar-Senegal or any of the WaterAid West Africa Country Offices
WaterAid West Africa regional strategy, approved in 4pril 2018, aims to contribute to reaching Everyone, Everywhere by 2030 with safe water, adequate sanitation and good hygiene (WASH) by achieving a step-change in sector performance by influencing decision-makers to recognize that WASH is central to the development of the region. To deliver our ambitious agenda, WaterAid requires strong, effective communications to help drive the change we want to see. Our communications and media work aims to amplify our messages to end the WASH crisis, building awareness and knowledge amongst all those who can help deliver our vision.
- The role will coordinate production of all communications materials, manage content flow on all digital channels and manage documentation and dissemination of WaterAid’s work both internally and externally.
- The role will work closely with the Knowledge Management and Learning Advisor (KML) as well as liaise with relevant staff in country programmes, regional team and global team as required to deliver the regional communication and media plan.
- The Communications and Media Officer (4 year contract- Full time) in WaterAid Regional Office will be responsible for conceptualising, planning and implementing media and communications in support of the influencing agenda of the Regional Strategy.
- This new role will produce and deliver a wide range of high quality communications materials for a variety of audiences across multiple channels.
- The post holder (French and English speaker) will be responsible for media engagement, promoting and strengthening WaterAids profile, amplifying the organisation’s messages on media platforms and helping to influence decision-makers and donors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letters of Motivation and current Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 29th October, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the disabled are particularly encouraged to apply.