African Management Services Company (AMSCO) is a pan African organisation that provides integrated Human Capital Development solutions to private and public businesses across sub-Saharan Africa. AMSCO has over 26 years evolved to become the leading advisory solutions provider; working to address the issue of market systems and capacity failures through management and skills development.
AMSCO works as an enabler with the continent’s key stakeholders, governments, public and private institutions, and other multilateral institutions that share the same development goals, with the aim of assisting African companies to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable. To achieve this objective, AMSCO offers four key services namely, Recruitment, Expatriate Management, Training and Development, and Development and Advisory Solutions (DAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Retail Operations Manager
- The Retail Operations Manager has the overall responsibility for the day to day operations of all our client stores, all permanent and portable retail areas across the country. Oversee and effectively manage retail staff.
- Prepare budget on a yearly basis and submit weekly and monthly reports and updates.
- Create a strategic and cohesive product line.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining systems and procedures, forecasting, controlling costs and generating reports as required by the organization.
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Work closely with Promotions Department to assist with the giveaway items.
- Manage inventory on an ongoing basis based on objectives of the organization.
- Prepare annual purchase plan and meet on a quarterly basis with Ownership and Team Executives.
- Identify business opportunities through analysis, market research, sales performance and trends.
- Developing a professional and knowledgeable staff by training, planning, disciplining of employees and appraising job results.
- Provide strategic analysis of consumer preferences and buying patterns to enable detailed consumer demand planning.
- Create strong partnerships with licensed vendors.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on team concept, client and customer service.
- Strong leadership, business, and technical acumen, ability to motivate a team to achieve goals and has flexibility to work with all levels of personnel and management.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration, Marketing or similar field.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a retail environment.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Counterpoint, Point of Sale and Inventory Management System would be an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate Job Title at the subject bar
Application Deadline 15th December, 2018.