SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs & Sustainability Manager
Reference Number: CA001
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The key accountabilities and delegated responsibilities of the position will be the following:
- Implement robust evaluation methodologies that have been designed to measure the impact of activities, initiatives and programs and that these insights are used to determine how programs and plans can be improved.
- Oversight over regulatory obligations of the Company across the site.
- Monitor and track progress of ALL product registration, permits and licenses with regulatory authorities.
- Provide monthly report on regulatory obligations and status of existing applications.
- Drive complete accuracy and Integrity of records by maintaining depository of all licenses and permits.
- Plan, undertake and oversee regulatory inspections and activities on the site.
- Proactively liaise with other departments to understand their regulatory needs and take steps to action those requests.
- Ensure that a company’s products comply with the regulations of the regions where they want to distribute them.
- Train employees, where required, on regulatory changes and activities that could impact our operations/objectives.
- Develop materials to support new product licenses and license renewals process.
- Prepare submissions of license variations and renewals to strict deadlines.
- Monitor set timelines for License variations and renewal approvals.
- Ensure the effective application of systems and processes such as Voyagers Plant Optimization – VPO.
- Support the Licence to Trade (LTT) agenda of the Brewery.
- Draw up a stakeholder mapping exercise for Sustainable Development and Enterprise Development stakeholders.
- Manage and organise engagement with critical Government / Regulatory stakeholders on periodic bases.
- Ensure that a relationship is built and maintained with all relevant stakeholders in the communities around the brewery, Government Ministries, Department, Agencies and regulators.
- Ensure that the government relations program effectively manages regulatory risks.
- Ensure that the company is represented on key trade and industry organizations/bodies (including task forces and special groups) where the company should be represented and that the most appropriate company representatives participate.
- Ensure that the views, positions and agenda of the company are effectively represented and supported by other members of key trade and industry bodies.
- Implement company initiatives, projects and partnerships around alcohol responsibility and sustainability issues and demonstrably build reputation for the company among key stakeholders.
- Ensure that these reputation building activities are effectively leveraged among government officials, policy makers and with NGOs.
- Ensure that key NGOs impacting the business are monitored and that dialogue is established with them wherever possible and/or appropriate.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Communication
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in a managerial position.
- Understanding of regulatory engagement & management plans.
- Experience in Government and community stakeholder’s engagement, evaluation and reporting.
Key Attributes Required:
- Honest, integrity and the ability to command the respect of people and stakeholders
- Orderly, structured and output driven individual
- Friendly, customer (internal and external) focused disposition
- Good communication skills
- Confident, self-assured and good leader.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proactive, Self-starter and team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply